Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad RPM Tesla Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just wondering if other people also got screwed by RPM Tesla with a Fedex bill that showed up a month after getting their goods. Any time I've had a US vendor that didn't want to "pre-clear customs", either the vendor warned me ahead of time, so I could clear it myself (and not pay the "Advancement Fee" just the small amount for GST), or the vendor didn't know what they were doing and just blamed me for shopping with them and stuck me with the bill. After reaching out to RPM Tesla's customer service, it seems like they fall in to the latter category saying that once it leaves their warehouse it's my property, so it's my problem, even if I paid a lot in shipping for already.

Very surprised I haven't come across this on the forums here, where RPM Tesla didn't clear customs ahead of time and caused an even larger shipping bill.

Has anyone else ordered from RPM Tesla and did or didn't get hit with the Fedex bill a month later? Trying to see is this a one off shipping miss-hap, plus poor customer service, or should I be avoiding them going forward?

I'm just wondering if other people also got screwed by RPM Tesla with a Fedex bill that showed up a month after getting their goods. Any time I've had a US vendor that didn't want to "pre-clear customs", either the vendor warned me ahead of time, so I could clear it myself (and not pay the "Advancement Fee" just the small amount for GST), or the vendor didn't know what they were doing and just blamed me for shopping with them and stuck me with the bill. After reaching out to RPM Tesla's customer service, it seems like they fall in to the latter category saying that once it leaves their warehouse it's my property, so it's my problem, even if I paid a lot in shipping for already.

Very surprised I haven't come across this on the forums here, where RPM Tesla didn't clear customs ahead of time and caused an even larger shipping bill.

Has anyone else ordered from RPM Tesla and did or didn't get hit with the Fedex bill a month later? Trying to see is this a one off shipping miss-hap, plus poor customer service, or should I be avoiding them going forward?

We did as well and I’m pretty sure we posted about it. They were impossible to reason with. We would never buy again from them and recommend Canadians buy from anyone else. It’s an easily resolvable problem with a little effort on their end. My guess is they are flush with cash and don’t care about losing the small amount of Canadian customers in the market.

I've ordered twice from them. It's nothing that other USA based sites aren't doing either. Yes, they could go the extra mile and pre-pay the customs etc. on our behalf, but so be it. I just figured it into the cost of ordering from them.