Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad Tesla Solar Experience [recent PTO, equipment issue, long wait for appointment]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got PTO last Thursday with new tesla inverter. Saturday afternoon something happened and tesla inverter shows faulted for A/C power. Earliest appointment is a month from now. Also had a neurio installed but they did not make a hole for the antenna and its not able to communicate with the inverter. Let’s hope they can actually fix it when they come in a month from now

Wow you only have a four week wait? Mine was eight weeks and changed three times but it did get moved up. I bet it will communicate but inside of that metal box will impact the wifi signal to the Inverter. Its an easy install so they will take care of it. Curious though did they ground the door on the inside on your inverter?

1619478618496.png

Thanks for the reply. So you are completely down at the moment? What did Tesla do to troubleshoot over the phone? I've only had PTO for a few weeks but the inverters have been fine just Neurio issues.

Wow you only have a four week wait? Mine was eight weeks and changed three times but it did get moved up. I bet it will communicate but inside of that metal box will impact the wifi signal to the Inverter. Its an easy install so they will take care of it. Curious though did they ground the door on the inside on your inverter?

View attachment 657279
For a moment I thought it was a photo of my inverter:

They actually pointed it out to me. I was told the person that was to meet with the inspector was suppose to take care of this and other small things. Didn't happen. They clearly have a problem with tracking issues, communications and follow through. Mine passed inspection even with the ground nut missing . I'm currently waiting for PTO. It's been a week plus since I signed the paperwork in order to submit for PTO. I also paid with a credit card on that day. My account still shows an invoice that needs to be paid.

Bottom line is Tesla is performing more or less as I expected. The actual install looks good to me. I was hoping communication and project management would be better but sadly they are not there yet.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
For a moment I thought it was a photo of my inverter:

They actually pointed it out to me. I was told the person that was to meet with the inspector was suppose to take care of this and other small things. Didn't happen. They clearly have a problem with tracking issues, communications and follow through. Mine passed inspection even with the ground nut missing . I'm currently waiting for PTO. It's been a week plus since I signed the paperwork in order to submit for PTO. I also paid with a credit card on that day. My account still shows an invoice that needs to be paid.

Bottom line is Tesla is performing more or less as I expected. The actual install looks good to me. I was hoping communication and project management would be better but sadly they are not there yet.
I was told by the installers that they have a problem finding a nut that fits but they are working on it (or so they said). They were planning to come back and fix it but you know how that goes, haven't seen them since... I could strip a nut on it but I paid for a complete install so they need to resolve it.

Yes those pictures are very close to the same 🙂

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I was told by the installers that they have a problem finding a nut that fits but they are working on it (or so they said). They were planning to come back and fix it but you know how that goes, haven't seen them since... I could strip a nut on it but I paid for a complete install so they need to resolve it.

Yes those pictures are very close to the same 🙂
Almost the exact same story on not being able to find a nut.