Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Badges on older cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Apologies if that was asked before. There is an older 2012 Model S listed for sale at a local used car dealership in my area. It's a blue P85 (according to the instrument cluster) with only 25k miles(!) however there is no P85 badge on the back.

I am wondering if this was normal for the earlier Model S to not have the badge on the back or it was removed by the previous owner.

Just curious.

Thanks,
DJ

Hi all,

Apologies if that was asked before. There is an older 2012 Model S listed for sale at a local used car dealership in my area. It's a blue P85 (according to the instrument cluster) with only 25k miles(!) however there is no P85 badge on the back.

I am wondering if this was normal for the earlier Model S to not have the badge on the back or it was removed by the previous owner.

Just curious.

Thanks,
DJ

Check the about this car screen (press the T in the top middle). That will show you what model it is.

This isnt always, exactly accurate. Yes people debadged them, anyone can do it to any car. The instrument cluster and T logo and anything else will display what the configuration tells it to. Theres a setting that can be changed (behind root albiet), so that the car can show as whatever display trim you want it to (check out some of the threads where people have asked the service center to change the wheel styling and car color on the display). For example, mine is a base 85, but i have it displaying as a P85, which is a long story. I would get the VIN and ask tesla what the configuration is supposed to be. with a 2012 you NEVER know.