Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BASIC CCS UPGRADE INSTALL DIY GUIDE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this part work on a 2018 Model 3?
Yes but you need a bundle of wires as well..

Since I haven't seen a basic walkthru I'll just have this here for reference for those of you who are curious what steps are needed to get this done.

2021 Model Y Performance build date of 9/21

Part# 1537264-00-B

Price: $152 after tax from Tesla San Francisco

Tools: flat head screwdriver, 10mm socket with 6 inch extention

View attachment 837270

1. Pry off the tail gate plastic protector...note i have metal pieces but its a pull straight up from the left side, give it a good pull and it will come lose very easily

View attachment 837271
2. remove plastic round clip with flat head screw driver...its the one at the top of the pic

View attachment 837272
3. remove this plastic piece...pull straight up , comes out easily

View attachment 837273
4. remove plastic clip the one in the middle and remove the entire piece for the plastic pocket

View attachment 837274
5. pry the panel with your hands pull slowly down the length of the panel...

View attachment 837277

6. unplug the rear cigarette 12v power clip

View attachment 837278
7. The ecu is behind the black plastic bracket

View attachment 837279
8. remove the 10mm bolt and slide the ecu to the right and it should come out after you unplug three connectors....one of them was a little stuck but work slowly. the car will make some sounds when you start unplugging these clips. Plug in new ecu and re-install.

View attachment 837280
9. update the software!

View attachment 837281
10. wooo!
How did you update the software? Is there a way to force reupdate the same software version or do I have to wait for next update to arrive before I consider installing ECU?

This worked perfectly for my MY 2021 Long range. Ordered the ASY. CHARGE PORT 1.00 CONTROLLER GEN 4, NA.(1537264-00-B) from the Tesla Service Center for $150. Waited until I had an update and installed at home. Thanks for the instructions and photos.