Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Batteries are coming down in price overall.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes charging will still be an issue for some. There needs to be dozens upon dozens of level 3 charger at grocery stores, and big box stores like Walmart to make this tech viable for those who live in apartments and can’t charge.

Or, you need charging to be added to apartments. And workplaces. And at new apartment buildings and condos.

Which we should expect to happen if EV prices drop to where they're forecast to drop.
Please like convenience and they like things to be cheaper.

Not to say we don't want more chargers at stores, since there's a lot of space available and people need both to travel and a backup in case home charging fails.

Always remember that home charging is not a technical challenge, it's a cost challenge. It's cheaper at scale and cheaper in new builds.

lol why disagree to my post, lol not everyone has access to a charger and not everyone can install a level 2 charger at their apartment.

Even Level 1 charging for apartments would be good enough for a big segment of the population. The average person in the US drives about 30 miles per day (I'm guessing it's lower in most other countries), and you can get 60 miles with a 12 hour overnight charge on the LR AWD with a 5-15. Unless Level 3 charger costs come down dramatically, I don't think it makes sense to vastly increase the number of public L3 stations.

Reactions: nwdiver