Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sales continue downwards trend in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been in Italy for nearly a week and today I spotted only my second Tesla.

Certainly no market penetration here at all. I’ve seen more Twizys. Large sprawling city area and various other towns.

And my third Tesla today - except it was French registered so probably doesn’t count!

In all fairness though, EVs don’t exactly jump out at me either, at least not in the way that they do in the Uk, so maybe it’s an EV thing rather than a brand thing.

But the point is, irrespective of brand or technology focus, Tesla seems to be pretty much invisible here in Italy as a brand.

My own memory of Italian road population is of smaller, cheaper vehicles than large American barges such as the 3/Y, electric or not.

I’ve been paying attention to your observation and do agree that whilst there is not the same Chelsea tractor mentality that we have in UK, large vehicles are still quite common.

• Informative
Reactions: Utumno
Here is another breakdown of the UK car sales in May 24
Points of interest....Tesla stays top with only two models, BMW 2nd but with four models in their range
Diesel sales continue their collapse
Petrol sales down slightly...but the biggest beneficiary are plug in hybrids...of course this benefits traditional automakers such as Toyota. I suspect the nervousness over battery vehicles combined with the fear of ULEZs being the driving force
I’m surprised Cupra were so far down the BEV list. The Born would have been my second choice after the Model 3.