Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Degradation after recalled Sister board replacement ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi friends ! I recently took my 2015 Model S 85 into the Tesla Service Center to replace the recalled Sister board on the main screen. After waiting 6 hours, they still had my dashboard apart and the car was not drivable. The software that they had to load was taking forever as they said they had to depend on the wi-fi which was very slow. I was finally given a loaner car and was informed later that day that my car was ready. I drove back to the Service Center the following day to pick up my car. ( 90 miles round trip ) Besides the black greasy fingerprints the mechanic left on both of the interior posts, the car will not charge to the capacity that it did before taking it in for service. Before the service, I could charge to a maximum of 258 miles. Now it will only charge to 238. Has anyone else had this issue ? And if so, was Tesla willing or capable of correcting? Thanks for reading my post
Kindest regards, Rick

Software is the same after service. I’m using v10.2(2020.48.37.6 231953bd98d9

Controls -> Display. Is your mileage display set to "rated" or "ideal"? What range do you see when you toggle between the two?

Your S85 was rated at 265 miles when new. It's very unlikely you were still seeing 258 *rated* miles 6 years and however many miles later. 238 is about normal for similar cars.