Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty HV battery replacement: anything to check or lookout for? (oh, and Tesla service was great)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 Raven Model S was bricked a little over a week ago while driving to work. Car has ~34k miles. Minimal exposure to superchargers. Mostly charge at home, usually keeping SoC between 40-70%.

Tesla service was honestly terrific. Minutes after I scheduled service via app, I was messaged by SC asking for when my car started giving out error messages. About 20 minutes later they texted me again saying they remotely accessed the the car and diagnosed the problem: HV battery failure.

Towed car to SC after work. Refresh Model X loaner was waiting for me. Messaged from SC last night that car was done. Total charge: $0.00.

Invoice states a refurbed battery was installed, which I expected.

Anyone have suggestions on how I can assess the new battery health or is there anything I should look out for?

2019 Raven Model S was bricked a little over a week ago while driving to work. Car has ~34k miles. Minimal exposure to superchargers. Mostly charge at home, usually keeping SoC between 40-70%.

Tesla service was honestly terrific. Minutes after I scheduled service via app, I was messaged by SC asking for when my car started giving out error messages. About 20 minutes later they texted me again saying they remotely accessed the the car and diagnosed the problem: HV battery failure.

Towed car to SC after work. Refresh Model X loaner was waiting for me. Messaged from SC last night that car was done. Total charge: $0.00.

Invoice states a refurbed battery was installed, which I expected.

Anyone have suggestions on how I can assess the new battery health or is there anything I should look out for?
Yep, as @EVRider-FL said, not much you could do with the replacement pack. And you're good until 2027.

However, how does your 100% rated range compare with before? Performance and supercharging experience still the same?

What alerts did you get?

Glad your Tesla Service Center was pleasurable. Same for me, and I've been out of warranty for a while on my 2012 P85.

Reactions: David Harvey