Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery discharging whilst parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you guys experiencing the battery discharging meaningfully when the car is parked? My X, I parked it last night and had about 132km of range, now at lunch today that's dropped to 126km of range... seems weird... maybe a little drop is understandable but 6km in like 18 hours?

Are you guys experiencing the battery discharging meaningfully when the car is parked? My X, I parked it last night and had about 132km of range, now at lunch today that's dropped to 126km of range... seems weird... maybe a little drop is understandable but 6km in like 18 hours?

There are some energy savings preferences in the car settings (on 17" screen). You probably have the car set to always-on, and energy saving set to off. That is convenient for daily driving, but causes a large vampire drain if you are not using the car so much.

• Informative
Reactions: mkq786

That seems normal if you didn't turn on "Energy Saving", usually you will lose about 5 - 7 km a day, some driver experienced even more. I recently went on a long trip and turned on energy saving and turn off "always connected", I lost about 1 km per day.

Don't expect too much, remember the guy who did an interview with appledaily about autopilot back then? He simply did everything against the instruction in the owner's manual to show everyone how "dangerous" autopilot was

People who are willing to learn about the car will continue asking question and enjoy driving it, those who don't will sell it especially with the incentive from resumption of FRT

Reactions: Chong
Don't expect too much, remember the guy who did an interview with appledaily about autopilot back then? He simply did everything against the instruction in the owner's manual to show everyone how "dangerous" autopilot was

Instantly reminds me how angry I got seeing that video. Faulting the system for not stopping for a red light and using it in a construction zone, people like this are why we cannot have nice things. At least TD was reasonable to allow limited use on certain roads.

Reactions: mkq786