Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure what the concern is. There is nothing needed to be turned off to "save the battery". There are several features that if you elect to use them, will drain the battery a bit (about 20 miles of range/day), but that's the choice you make - several optional features vs a little range loss. This includes Summon standby (if you have FSD), and Sentry Mode.

Turn off wipers turn off lights turn off app turn off climate control. The latest I have turned off to see if battery drain would stop. Has slowed down to 2% a night. Have a 2021 model s
Wipers use very little power, lights use very little power. You do not need to close the app to save power. Yes, climate control uses some power, but not enough to need to turn it off. It sounds like you don’t understand the car very well and are making incorrect assumptions. 2% is still a problem? It may not even be 2% at all… your car is estimating the battery percentage. A temperature change can be enough to affect the estimate by 2%. If you are still worried, why not just keep it plugged in (if possible)?

Wipers use very little power, lights use very little power. You do not need to close the app to save power. Yes, climate control uses some power, but not enough to need to turn it off. It sounds like you don’t understand the car very well and are making incorrect assumptions. 2% is still a problem? It may not even be 2% at all… your car is estimating the battery percentage. A temperature change can be enough to affect the estimate by 2%. If you are still worried, why not just keep it plugged in (if possible)?
Wipers and lights don’t use any power when the car is idle, which seems to be when the OP is concerned about battery drain.

Well that doesn’t resolve the issue. Maybe I don’t understand the Tesla but what doesn’t make sense is how it can loose 10% battery everything turned off.
Third time this has happened. Tesla service called me requested increase battery charge level appears 70% is a chemical balance in battery. So increase to 80% as Tesla recommends see if battery drain goes away.

Can you confirm that Sentry Mode and Summon Standby are turned off? You should be losing about 1 mile of range per day if you're not using the car at all.
Yes don’t use sentry mode and first battery drain. Tesla service made sure I had that turned off. Was told by Tesla service today to set charge level 80%. Will watch the battery drain again for a while to see if 10% loss continues.