Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery freeze symbol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I didn’t get a chance to charge my battery and left the car at the airport .From my Tesla app I get a freeze symbol on the car battery symbol. I have about 63 miles left on battery but won’t be able to charge it for a few days . Outside Temperature high is 45 and low is 33 degrees Thanks !

From the owner's manual:

upload_2019-11-22_14-27-37.png
Appears when some of the stored
energy in the Battery may not be
available due to cold weather
conditions. If Model 3 is plugged in,
you can heat your Battery by turning
on climate control with the mobile
app. The snowflake icon disappears
when the Battery is sufficiently warm.

Also, stop checking on it remotely. Doing so wakes up the car, which consumes some battery. Let it snooze. When you are reunited in a couple days, you'll find the snowflake goes away after some driving, or when you visit a Supercharger on your way home.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
.From my Tesla app I get a freeze symbol on the car battery symbol.

Also, stop checking on it remotely. Doing so wakes up the car, which consumes some battery. Let it snooze.

If using iOS, the OP can use the Tesla App Widget to check the status remotely without waking the vehicle. Presumably something similar exists for Android.

I am confused. What exactly is a Tesla app widget? I have the Tesla app on my phone but when I open it it wakes the vehicle up. How do I do this so it doesn’t wake up the vehicle?

Should answer all your questions:

Use widgets on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

The widget will not wake the vehicle; it will display the last known status, not the current status. Last known status is periodically updated automatically at zero additional cost.

Reactions: TripleTrucker