Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery loss overnight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a million variables. It depends on which settings you have enabled and if your key is near the car.

Do you have sentry mode enabled?
Do you have summon standby enabled?
Did you wake up the car, by checking the app for example, while it was parked?
Did cabin overhear protection kick in?

If you disable all of the above and keep your key a good distance from the car, you should expect at most a 1 mile/day loss.

I think 3-4 miles lost per day is normal. 12 sounds a bit high but the latest Teslas are also very efficient which means the 1kwh lost translates to more miles lost. In this case, you lost a bit over 2kwh which isn't a ton more than a normal Tesla loses and there are a plethora of reasons. I wouldn't be too worried but given the newness of the plaid pack, I would keep monitoring it and disable some features like @razh mentioned above or discontinuing waking up the car repeatedly (or monitoring with third party apps that also increase power use).

I just lost 10 miles of range in the past 4 hours (it was just sitting in my driveway). it is 90 degrees outside, so I guess that's the main culprit. Sentry mode was on too. I don't think that Summon Standby was enabled. I also didn't wake the car up during those four hours.

Razh - thanks for that info..