Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Management System (BMS) Bootloader Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has me concerned because I am 400 miles and 3 1/2 hours drive from a service center. Either I make a seven-hour drive plus the time it takes them to get the car in and work on it, or the car gets flat-bedded to Seattle and back, and there could be days delay in scheduling the return trip. Grump!

Would say it is worth it for you to get it in to the SC. After reading your experience. on the hiking trip. Mine had to go to Cleveland for a windshield. They did the BMS and a few other things. Now I have little to no loss. I am also going to leave car for 7 or 8 days in the backcountry in a couple day. Can't fix it if the SC can't get it. Or wait till it can be ranger pushed. Which if it is a big deal they would want. Much better to go install BMS via ranger than people ramming SC. Not literally ramming:p

Would say it is worth it for you to get it in to the SC. After reading your experience. on the hiking trip. Mine had to go to Cleveland for a windshield. They did the BMS and a few other things. Now I have little to no loss. I am also going to leave car for 7 or 8 days in the backcountry in a couple day. Can't fix it if the SC can't get it. Or wait till it can be ranger pushed. Which if it is a big deal they would want. Much better to go install BMS via ranger than people ramming SC. Not literally ramming:p

I'm torn, because on principle I want every fix that's available, but OTOH, it will be a year before I'm in the same situation again, as I only do the one long drive each year. I drive for that trip because there's no other way. There's no commercial air service, busses are unpleasant and would take three days to cover a 6-hour drive, and I go to several different places, one of which has no public transportation of any sort.

And if I do move to Maui, it will be moot, because I'll never be leaving the car unplugged for more than overnight, if I were to do the hike down into the depression (commonly but incorrectly called the crater) and out the next day, a hike I might not even be able to do now at my age.

Took delivery in June, VIN 296XX,

Had the car in for service on other issues 2 weeks ago and this was done when I picked the car up.

loIPrek.png
I just got an invoice from the SC and they did this update on my car too. Any update on what this update does? Seems like it reduces vampire drain?