Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery pre-heating not showing on app when home charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since updating both the car (Legacy Model X running 2021.44.25.2) and the IOS app (4.4.3) nowhere can I see on the app if the battery is pre-heating when charging at home. I also run the Stats app and this clearly shows the orange battery heating element when the battery is cold and I start charging at home but no sign of it on the Tesla app. I’ve looked under the charging and the climate pages but nothing. Should it show somewhere?

I think it's noted by a heater icon next to the battery top-left of the main screen, and possibly the orange colour of the SoC line across the middle of the main screen

i.e.

5DEA2178-F28D-4FA8-B504-A542D172D4D6.jpeg

versus

F9DA3F96-10AC-43F0-921B-6F48BFBAB707.jpeg

Thanks but mine doesn’t seem to show that heater icon nor the orange line. I am pretty sure it’s preheating because the Stats app has an orange battery icon and the percentage charge added is significantly less than it would be if no power was going to heating the battery. It’s not a big deal because I know the car looks after itself but just curious as to where I should see the heating icon.
Thanks again.