Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... a new battery pack is currently $13,500, then i have additional parts for a total of $14,000 plus $1000 for labor. Insurance is covering this rock accident. I'm not interested in salvaging the battery pack for resale. I guess that 5-7k twitter qoute from Elon in April of 2019 to replace the battery modules was a projection of future battery replacement costs after the warranty expires in years from now?

That actually seems like a good price based on Musk's quote for future replacement costs... The pack has 4 modules in it, so if we assume Musk is "all in" with parts and labor, that means you're paying $3,625/module while Musk is quoting $5,000+ ?

I wonder if right now the pack cost is actually at a loss for Tesla but recovering the removed pack from the vehicle in for service makes up the lost amount? There's a chance that three modules are perfectly fine in your pack and if they replace these with rebuilt packs then those three modules could go into a "new" for service purposes pack....

I was to disgusted at the time to take pictures but put some large nails in between your fingers and punch an aluminum can a few times then watch the battery coolant leak out.
Sounds like it wasn't the superficial coolant connector break that there have been a few cases of.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 166