Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the failure rate on 2021 sr+ batteries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the battery failure rate still in warranty for 2021 SR+? So basically failure rate of batteries < 100K miles

Also when get battery work done at Tesla and they warranty it do they warranty the whole pack or the specific modules they might have replaced?

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
Any articles or stats? When googling I couldn’t find anything just the typical filler articles of we don’t know blah blah
Only Tesla would have any accurate statistics on the failure rate. The best other sources could do would be a sampling of as many owners as possible, and it would have a big error rate. Even if you did a poll on here and every single SR+ owner responded, that is just a tiny amount of owners out there. And it would skew the results if some of them joined this forum mainly to vent or seek advice or help on a battery failure.

Any articles or stats? When googling I couldn’t find anything just the typical filler articles of we don’t know blah blah

Only Tesla would have any accurate statistics on the failure rate. The best other sources could do would be a sampling of as many owners as possible, and it would have a big error rate. Even if you did a poll on here and every single SR+ owner responded, that is just a tiny amount of owners out there. And it would skew the results if some of them joined this forum mainly to vent or seek advice or help on a battery failure.
This is is the answer to "why am I not finding this information somewhere online".

You’re asking about 2-year-old batteries that are warranted for 8 years or 100k miles. There aren’t many that have failed in such a short time period.
Well in general what is the battery failure rate of model 3’s in warranty and out of warranty. What’s the expected mileage they start having issues and require repair?