Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery service needed after using app diagnostics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, I ran the Loss of Range diagnostic off the new app version 4.11.2 on my 2021 MYLR and I guess my battery didn't pass because the app recommended a mobile ranger come out to take a look. I did notice that the battery was running down a little quick lately but I thought that it was because I was using the HVAC more. Anyone else run a diagnostic and had service take a look yet?

So is that diagnostic meant for the case that you want to know whether you have lost range, and it will tell you? Or is running it an assertion by you that you think you have lost range, and want to know the reason why?

In the second case, it might suggest you summon a mobile ranger because it can't find anything wrong, rather than because it "didn't pass"

So is that diagnostic meant for the case that you want to know whether you have lost range, and it will tell you? Or is running it an assertion by you that you think you have lost range, and want to know the reason why?

In the second case, it might suggest you summon a mobile ranger because it can't find anything wrong, rather than because it "didn't pass"
I was just curious to see if my battery was healthy after I read this article. You can now check your Tesla's battery health through the mobile app [Update]
I was expecting to just get a message saying that my battery was healthy but the app proceeded to request an appointment. However I just got a message from Tesla saying that all is fine. Maybe they ran further diagnostics.
880AEDEC-7BCB-4388-9A06-263DA0B3D047.jpeg

After seeing this thread and wondering what it was about, I did some quick googling and found what the OP was talking about. TL ; DR version you request service in the app with a battery concern and it runs a diagnostic.

I did it on my 2018 model 3 P and it came back with "no issues found" after it took 30 seconds to a minute running some sort of diagnostic. So, I obviously dont know, but its not a situation where "no issues found" automatically triggers a ranger appointment.

It appears that this diagnostic is not fully functioning for everyone and that’s probably why I got prompted to book a ranger.

This is a quote from the DriveTeslaCanada website:

UPDATE 9:53am PST: It looks like even if you have the latest version some owners are reporting they are unable to run the diagnostic and are prompted to schedule a service appointment, without the message that it was completed. This feature may be rolling out gradually to all owners.