Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery size and charging speed for road trips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, during the trip, I realized that when the car is preconditioning the battery, you should crank down your A/C so you can send the cabin heat into the battery and also precool the cabin when you start charging - a win-win in the summer. LOL

BTW, during the trip, I realized that when the car is preconditioning the battery, you should crank down your A/C so you can send the cabin heat into the battery and also precool the cabin when you start charging - a win-win in the summer. LOL
That becomes a win-win-lose if your wife is in the car with you, though, and is giving you the stink eye for making the car too cold.

Just did a road trip on my new Model 3 RWD LFP. Very impressed with the range and charging speed! Taking a 15-20 min break every 1.5-2 hours of driving is a good idea anyway.
Exactly. When running the trip simulator at ABRP, ABRP
and I saw that I could drive 2hrs and take 15min stops, I knew the 3 was ready for me. That's the roadtrip sweet spot. All you need is good SC density, and you're set.

Reactions: Rocky_H