Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery warranty question. Does it have unlimited mileage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

alexgr

Aug 13, 2019
When I received my 2019 Model 3 LR in 08/19, I remember the battery warranty claimed 8 years, 120k, 70% capacity or below.
I opened the warranty link in my Tesla account today, and I found the following sentence:
"Your vehicle’s Battery and Drive Unit are covered under this Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty for a period of 8 years, with the exception of the original 60 kWh battery (manufactured before 2015) that is covered for a period of 8 years or 125,000 miles/200,000 km, whichever comes first."
My reading of this tells me that there is no 70% capacity (which is kinda bad) and no mileage (which is good) limits anymore. Am I correct? I have not seen this discussed here or in news lately. Any thoughts?

When I received my 2019 Model 3 LR in 08/19, I remember the battery warranty claimed 8 years, 120k, 70% capacity or below.
I opened the warranty link in my Tesla account today, and I found the following sentence:
"Your vehicle’s Battery and Drive Unit are covered under this Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty for a period of 8 years, with the exception of the original 60 kWh battery (manufactured before 2015) that is covered for a period of 8 years or 125,000 miles/200,000 km, whichever comes first."
My reading of this tells me that there is no 70% capacity (which is kinda bad) and no mileage (which is good) limits anymore. Am I correct? I have not seen this discussed here or in news lately. Any thoughts?
That was the original model S warranty, not the model 3 warranty.

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 4.12.24 PM.png

I logged into my own tesla account to see if there was a warranty document that was different, and I do not see the warranty document in my tesla account in the glovebox. Could you point out specifically how you are accessing a warranty document in your tesla account? What I see there in my glovebox is the MVPA (called order agreement there), receipts for the monthly premium connectivity charge, and a lemon law disclosure.

The current warranty is as linked above. The one you describe is what my understanding of what the model S and X were on the what is now called legacy.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and alexgr