Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery won’t charge past 89% showing 293 miles, is it M3LR or SR.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I’m new to the M3LR but when charging, using at moment the three pin charging until I get my Gen 3 fitted, it stopped charging at 293 miles or 89 % which makes me concerned because Tesla website say the Long range does 374 miles So to me that would mean 89% is 332 miles.
Is this correct

Thanks in advance

Hi all, I’m new to the M3LR but when charging, using at moment the three pin charging until I get my Gen 3 fitted, it stopped charging at 293 miles or 89 % which makes me concerned because Tesla website say the Long range does 374 miles So to me that would mean 89% is 332 miles.
Is this correct

Thanks in advance
IIRC, Tesla UK uses the WLTP rating for advertising, but then uses the USA EPA rating for in-car displayed range.

Is your M3LR brand new?

Upvote 0
The US website list M3LR at 358.As anyone who has tried to rely on EPA MPG rating that is optimistic at best. It represents ideal condition. My understanding is that range computed ny your car is based on battery state of charge,ambient and battery temperature.

Upvote 0
Is this correct

Thanks in advance

There are two different things being said here. I dont think you are doing it on purpose, but its best to sort out exactly what you are saying.

You said "It stopped charging at 293 miles or 89%". Which is it? I can guess, but what actually happened matters. Is it:

1. The car stopped charging at 293 miles and reported this as 100% complete (the likely answer) or:
2. The car stopped charging at 293 miles and reported this as 89% full and would not charge any further?

If its #2, you have a problem with the car you need to take to tesla ASAP. If its 1, and you bought the car used (as I suspect) then there is likely no issue here.

Upvote 0
Also need model year. And purchase time. 374mi of course is WLTP range of Model 3 Long Range AWD. Not displayed in car.

Sounds like probably 293/0.89 = 329rmi

So probably 7% loss. Probably. But very unclear what the situation is.

They have LG pack in England though which is 78.8 kWh so not sure which EPA range is used (353 or 358), don’t keep track. Technically 78.8kWh is not quite enough to give 358rmi. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Upvote 0
They have LG pack in England though which is 78.8 kWh so not sure which EPA range is used (353 or 358), don’t keep track. Technically 78.8kWh is not quite enough to give 358rmi. 🤷🏼‍♂️
The 78.8 usiually tops out at 79-79.1 kWh a month or two after delivery.

I guess that is quite close to the 358mi/576km EPA range of the us version.
Charging constant is 137 Wh/km?

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Upvote 0
Is this correct

Thanks in advance
A ”stupid” question: Was the slider that set the charging level at 100%?

Upvote 0