Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area Tesla Meet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im on quite a bit of forums for teslas and the facebook page for mods and meets but they are always down in southern california.
Maybe its time we made something up this way like San Jose or Peninsula? Krispy Creme car meets in Mt.View?

Here's mine for reference.
32187292_2095025900778946_8338566069018951680_n.jpg

The San Francisco group here recently had a get together on Mt. Diablo, we barbequed and drank, similar to this last weekend. It's nice to get to see everyone's cars, several are custom, like mine, several are just classics (already?).

We did the same thing last year, only a road trip thru Marin.

If you are targeting Mt. View perhaps post on the Silicon Valley's group:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/groups/25/forum

Reactions: Blu Zap
With our weekends busy I think we would try to make a morning coffee if someone organized it and if it was around the south bay on the Penisula. Our free time has been kind of limited this year but we've always enjoyed the driving meetups which can take several hours or more. Just having a Coffee and Tesla event scheduled every certain week of the month or maybe twice a month (permanent location or rotating one) I think would be fun. For us it would need to be a quick hour or two so location would be key. It's always great to meet owners, see what they've done to their cars and it can be a nice sharing experience as well. Casual chats use to happen more at the Superchargers but with so many new owners now I don't see that happening like it did maybe a year or so ago. We have alot of new owners here in the San Jose/Peninsula area who really might like the opportunity to chat with fellow Tesla owners and ask questions or get advice.

We're part of the SV Club so that would be a good place to advertise it but since not everyone explores the website here, posting under Events would be good to do as well. Better have a place with a large parking lot as potentially you could have a lot of Teslas show up on the Peninsula.

Reactions: bmah
To respond to the locations in the San Jose/Peninsula area that were made I could see occasionally meeting at the Krispy Cream in Mt. View (it's right off 101).

El Passo de Saratoga is another good suggestion with Peet's Coffee there. (85 and 280)

Cottle Road in San Jose has some possibilities. On the side of Cottle with the empty Orchard Supply (lots of parking now) there's a few places to grab a coffee and hang out in the parking lot or later grab breakfast (Bill's Cafe is a favorite of mine). In that same shopping center with Orchard is Gabi's Petite Cafe (next to Pizza Hut) which has numerous coffee drinks and sweet and savory crepes and other pastries.

Across the street on the other side of Cottle from Orchard Supply is the Target shopping center (future site for more Superchargers) and both Starbucks and Panera Bread are right there next to each other.
Cottle suggestions - 1.jpg Cottle Road area (convenient to 101 and 85)

Almaden Expressway at the Cherry Avenue Superchargers, another South Bay possibility. There's a Starbucks and Panera Bread there as well and people could charge right there if needed. (85 and 87)

If people are willing to drive a bit further south of San Jose for a different experience among nice scenery as opposed to a shopping center parking lot, maybe meet at the Coyote Creek Golf Club (they have 4 destination HPWC 12kWs there--golf course open to the public) for coffee and/or breakfast in their bar and grill, which overlooks the golf course and mountains (restaurant and patio seating). Parking lot would be large enough to accommodate unless some large golf outing was happening that day. I see a lot of Teslas in the Morgan Hill/San Martin/Gilroy area and this could be a midway point for those further south who would like to attend and share in this type of event. (101 between San Jose and Gilroy/85 connector nearby)

And closer north for a similar get together experience possibly would be the Santa Teresa Golf Club (public course) with Bar and Grill also serving breakfast. I'm not familiar with this location however as to their parking situation. No destination chargers listed on Tesla's map here. (85/101 on Bernal)
Golf course suggestions - 1.jpg Golf course options

Reactions: Supahr_Ed
I second what @SMAlset said. While we've enjoyed the epic all-day ride events in the past, we've missed a number of them because of scheduling conflicts, and because it's often difficult to commit to a full day. A coffee-and-bagels type get-together on a weekend morning would be perfect.

When there were a lot fewer of us, Tesla used to host cars-and-coffee socials on Sunday mornings at their stores. We also got together a few times on Sunday mornings at the Stanford campus, in the parking area next to the Rodin sculpture garden. I like the idea of having a fixed location once or twice a month, so you can plan ahead to be there.

Reactions: CameronB and bmah
How about a 1st & 3rd -- or -- 2nd & 4th weekend date schedule? Maybe pick one on a Saturday and the other on a Sunday and alternate locations in the area but have them posted ahead of time. Either start next month fresh or suppose we could do the 4th weekend this month which would give people some time to plan and get us started even if a smaller crowd due to limited advanced notice.

@M3GATR0N, since this was your suggestion would you be willing to set up dates and places? Once set we can announce it in a few places to get eyes on it. Will need to set a time. Maybe call it South Bay Peninsula Coffee and Teslas. If we get a lot of interest maybe other groups around the bay will be encouraged to start something in their local area--such as a SF MidPeninsula Coffee and Teslas. While some might be willing to make a drive of it, I tend to think we might get more response from people if it's kept to like a half-hour drive for most people where they can stop in while running errands.

Last edited:
So what's the purpose of these meets? Does anything valuable come out of it, or is it just like a neighborhood get together to yack?

As for anything valuable coming out of it apart from socializing, I suppose information and maybe a chance to influence someone to check out Tesla and buy one.

From the cars and coffee events I've seen, one at Hilltop Market on the way up to Henry Coe State Park that featured more vintage ICE cars, and the other at a Starbuck parking lot in a shopping center, it's a pretty informal group of car owners who gather to share things and maybe show off their car while enjoying a cup of coffee. Gives people a chance to socialize mostly but you get a chance to see someone's wheels or car mats etc. and ask questions.

Seeing all the Teslas parked together I'm sure it would be informative for someone thinking of buying a model to come up and talk to the owners as well. Maybe more likely to check out a group as opposed to striking up a one-on-one conversation with an owner. Here in the Bay area you see Teslas all over the place especially after this past quarter, but there are still people who might be considering going EV who would be more likely to come up and chat with owners than make a trip into a Store to see the car and ask questions. For other areas where there isn't as much of a presence yet, might be their first time seeing the cars up close.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I personally would like some Cars and Coffee, Teslas and Tea, EVs and Espressos, etc. format events. The all day events, while fun, are a lot of work for the people organizing them and a big time commitment for anyone wanting to attend. There’s room for both I think.

I’ve always thought the Daly City Supercharger would be a good place for a meet up. The Concord Supercharger might be suitable too.

Bruce.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I'd agree, an EV cars and coffee would be cool. I have some connections at Santana Row in Santa Clara that can probably host something like this down the row or at the top of the structure... hows next Thursday evening? 7pm?

Weekdays won't work for us personally so wouldn't be there for those. Will try to make weekends ones though.

I'm not sure we need anyone (ie Business) to actually host these. Really not sure how this kind of thing works though. I assume we just pick a location with a large enough parking lot for people to show up at and with some type of coffee shop for people to go in and order a drink to bring outside and talk to other owners in the parking lot. Suppose people could even bring their own coffee with them when they come. I do like being able to throw some business to a local coffee shop or breakfast place (after the meet). How has it worked for anyone who has attended one of these?

I personally would like some Cars and Coffee, Teslas and Tea, EVs and Espressos, etc. format events. The all day events, while fun, are a lot of work for the people organizing them and a big time commitment for anyone wanting to attend. There’s room for both I think.

I’ve always thought the Daly City Supercharger would be a good place for a meet up. The Concord Supercharger might be suitable too.

Bruce.

i was thinking the same for Daly City Supercharger but lately seems cops are rolling up there giving out tickets. also saw that last week i was there, they blocked off half the garage