Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area Vandalism

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 2017 there were 30,000 car break-ins in San Francisco. Tourist spots are targeted as well because people will typically leave their cars unattended for a while to go hike and take pictures, like at Battery Spencer to get a good shot of the Golden Gate Bridge. We were there this weekend with our X and there was broken glass in EVERY parking spot. What we do when visiting downtown specifically is Valet park at one of the nicer hotels. You can do so without being a guest and it usually costs $40-$60 for a few hours if not the whole day. They're happy to take your money :)

Fortunately, in Vancouver, we rarely even think or see break-ins. I've never seen a broken window in a parking lot, and it is extremely rare to see broken glass on the ground. To be honest, I can't even remember the last time I saw that. It's never really happened to anybody I know, so to hear about what's going on in the Bay Area is very disconcerting. The authorities need to take action to reduce these incidences.

Reactions: Leo Snow
Fortunately, in Vancouver, we rarely even think or see break-ins. I've never seen a broken window in a parking lot, and it is extremely rare to see broken glass on the ground. To be honest, I can't even remember the last time I saw that. It's never really happened to anybody I know, so to hear about what's going on in the Bay Area is very disconcerting. The authorities need to take action to reduce these incidences.

They're working on it Car break-ins drop 14 percent as SFPD tries new approach