Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC EV rebate to run out of money soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
judging from the depletion speed of the fund it may only last a week or so.. hopefully it will be topped up. placed my order in Dec thinking to catch this incentive guess what tesla updated me yesterday via text that my expected wait time is still 3-6 weeks from now :(

Being that us west coasters have yet to get a VIN or appointment it may very well run out beforehand..

Sent the BC EV program an email asking about a top up and got this reply:
Screenshot_20200226-095657.png

Yeah I read it in a similar way. I have the distinct feeling the funds will run out and there will be a few weeks where no one gets the incentive money and then it will start back up.

Which is just shitty for anyone buying in that period. Hope they are able to sort it out and eliminate the gap.

Yeah I read it in a similar way. I have the distinct feeling the funds will run out and there will be a few weeks where no one gets the incentive money and then it will start back up.

Which is just shitty for anyone buying in that period. Hope they are able to sort it out and eliminate the gap.

Yeah. That's my main issue. There will be a gap where there's no incentive money whatsoever and only to be refilled some time later.

I asked CEV a follow up about that potential gap and their answer was a bit hand wavy:

Hello Regner,
We work closely with the government to finalize the details of the funds top-up schedule. Once we have more details, they will be published.
Dealers have the option to reserve funds for their customers, as long as the VIN of the vehicle is already known. For more information regarding reservations, contact your dealership.

• Informative
Reactions: Roald44
There was very heavy demand for the BC incentive last May when the federal incentive program was announced. The provincial incentive would draw down to a few thousand dollars and on occasion deliveries were voluntarily stopped by Tesla waiting for a financial reload. It should not take more than a day or two it that happens...

• Informative
Reactions: regner
Yeah >_< Ah well.. Even without the incentive I'd probably still take it anyway.

Oh I am getting it either way. Been waiting long enough. :)

There was very heavy demand for the BC incentive last May when the federal incentive program was announced. The provincial incentive would draw down to a few thousand dollars and on occasion deliveries were voluntarily stopped by Tesla waiting for a financial reload. It should not take more than a day or two it that happens...

Good to know. Fingers crossed here.

• Love
Reactions: Roald44
I thought if you put down your deposit and are waiting for the car, you'll get the rebate no matter what. Sounds like if the rebate goes away from the time I reserve car and pick it up then i'm SOL? Gah damn