Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Be Part of Our Innovative Inverter Project - Have Your Say!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla Community Members,

In the Tesla community we are a part of, there is significant interest among Tesla owners in tapping into their car batteries for power. That's why we are actively developing a Tesla inverter. This inverter would allow you to turn your Tesla into a high-capacity, high-power portable power bank. We would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions to help us improve the product.

封面图.jpeg

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...xi2GYxg95cybCtqS-HUS8cQQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Click Here and Join Us!!!

This survey will only take a few minutes to complete, and your input is invaluable to us. We sincerely appreciate your participation and support. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below, and we'll respond promptly.

Looking forward to hearing your valuable insights!

Reactions: dasn
Does Tesla say that using the battery as a power source for other than the car voids the battery warranty?
It does say that, but many are willing to ignore that for small loads.

I have a dedicated battery, battery tender, and inverter that we use for power outages, but if I used the car's 12v, it would be recharged.

We have frequent extended outages, and I'd love to take advantage of all that renewable power in the garage.

Can you tell us how your product would be different from something like this:

View attachment 972005

Thanks.
Thanks for your interest!

BESTEK inverter requires power from the car's 12/16V battery, which, in the case of a Tesla, involves front panel or seat removal and possibly drilling holes for long-term use. On the other hand, OTF's inverter directly taps into the charging port without the need for disassembly or modification.

The BESTEK inverter relies on a continuous power supply from the Tesla's battery pack. When the vehicle is unattended or in camping mode, the DC-DC converter disconnects power supply to the battery, rendering the inverter inoperable. In contrast, OTF's inverter draws power from the main battery pack, unaffected by the presence of the driver or camping mode.

Regarding power output, OTF's design supports up to 3500W, whereas BESTEK's inverter is limited by the battery's power and typically cannot exceed 1500W. The model shown in the picture has a power rating of 1000W.

• Informative
Reactions: bobw and KenC
Wow! You plug into the charge port!

Great idea. This could be a game changer, but probably pretty expensive. Any guess on price.

I hope you can get Tesla to give you their blessing. It competes with the power wall in a sense, but could give many a reason to buy a Tesla. No more generator.
I agree that it's an intriguing concept. But no way I'm gonna use it before my battery warranty is up.

While on one hand, if Tesla blessed it it would seem to possibly cannibalize Powerwall sales, on the other hand, even as a Tesla owner I am in no way locked into buying a Powerwall if I decided to get a home battery. There are many other brands on par with Powerwall that I would seriously consider, so you could argue that using your Tesla as a home battery cannibalizes the home battery market as a whole, not just Powerwall. It could actually push up sales of long range models if people thought they could also use them as home batteries sometimes. I definitely would have more seriously considered a LR if that had been an option.

Reactions: bobw