Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Been a minute… Infotainment and FSD upgrade installed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TOBASH

Supporting Member
2017 P100D. 60,000 miles. Original purchaser and owner. Vehicle was purchased 5 seater all options.

NYC roads killed my suspension. Front end major repairs… covered by warranty!

I’ve been receiving texts from Tesla regarding eligibility to upgrade to FSD cameras and computers (that I paid for 6 years ago). I also upgraded the infotainment system.

I’m happy. Suspension is no longer wonky. Navigation computer is lightning fast. I’m still waiting to put on 100 miles to allow the FSD computer to activate.

As a follow-up, I replaced my 22” staggered rims with T-sportline 19” 20,000 miles ago. Steering is a little less crisp BUT mileage is way up and rims don’t get scraped up due to bigger sidewalk. I will swap to Runflats in the future for a stiffer ride BUT I highly endorse the 19” T-sportline wheels and tires.

I hope you’ve all been well.

T

BTW. I notice sometime recently my mileage tremendously increased. Has there been a computer update that somehow improved mileage? My computer updates were off-line for a while until I replaced the small motorcycle 12 V battery with a lithium ion battery this Summer.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: scottf200
FSD is remarkable. I will be driving 200 miles to get my son at college in a few weeks. I’ll have more to report then. It is interesting to observe the vehicle making decisions.

I’m still wondering if a software update improved my mileage. I have not been driving differently, and I have not changed tires for 20,000 miles.

Reactions: theslimshadyist
I’m still wondering if a software update improved my mileage. I have not been driving differently, and I have not changed tires for 20,000 miles.
I found that in the last ~10k miles of my last set of tires, my efficiency increased noticeably. Like from averaging ~310 Wh/mi to around ~280 Wh/mi combined. I now have new tires, and seems like I'm averaging closer to 310-320 again.

Still in FSD beta queue 6 weeks after buying the MX from the guy that paid and did all the upgrades. Service said "the MCU1 Tegra computers are slower to roll out FSD than MCU2...just keep waiting".

In other words, "we are holding you back on purpose so you'll cave and pay $1750 for the MCU2 upgrade".

Honestly, I was probably going to upgrade anyway because MCU1 is crap slow (and sometimes changes from Spotify to AM/FM radio at random). I did the upgrade on my MS and loved the difference. I just think it's funny Tesla holds back stuff to entice owners to spend more money with their service team...a typical Musk-like customer treatment tactic.