Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Aftermarket 20" Wheels Similar to Turbines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20x9.0" 32.8lbs / load rating 900kg
20x10.0" 34.8lbs / load rating 900kg

We manufactured the 20" TST to hold a load of 900kg to ensure each wheel would hold the weight of both the Model X and Model S.

Those wheels look nice!
I'm not very knowledgable on wheels. I have 21" gray cyclones that have a fair bit of rash on them from the previous owner. I figure I have 3 options:

1) get my wheels refinished/repaired (have a ballpark quote of $500 for all 4 wheels)

2) get new 20" wheels and sell my 21s (it seems the consensus opinion is that the only thing better about the OEM 21s is the look, while 20" seems to be a sweet spot.

3) go all out and get forged wheels (I'd likely still go 20")

My questions are:
If I choose (2), and I go with your 20" cyclones, how do those compare quality/strength-wise to OEM 21s? (I'm a layman when it comes to wheels)

As for (3), do you have any plans to sell a 20" forged wheel?

Those wheels look nice!

My questions are:
If I choose (2), and I go with your 20" cyclones, how do those compare quality/strength-wise to OEM 21s? (I'm a layman when it comes to wheels)

As for (3), do you have any plans to sell a 20" forged wheel?

Strength: Our TST 20" wheel is load rated at 900kg per wheel to hold the weight of a Model X. A Model S weighs about 363kg+ less.
Quality: Our TST wheels are SAE J2530 3rd party tested.
No 20" forged on the R&D schedule just yet.

Strength: Our TST 20" wheel is load rated at 900kg per wheel to hold the weight of a Model X. A Model S weighs about 363kg+ less.
Quality: Our TST wheels are SAE J2530 3rd party tested.
No 20" forged on the R&D schedule just yet.

I'm simply restating what was said earlier in this thread - that JWL/TUV certification seems to be the gold standard. But I'm not sure if tesla's OEM wheels even have that level of certification. I also don't know if Teslas wheels are load rated at more or less than 900kg.

I guess what I was looking for is, are your wheels worse, comparable, or better quality than OEM?

Although, if we don't know the OEM certification, or load rating, then I guess it's hard to answer that. I've also heard there are different methods of casting wheels (flow forming?) which affect quality. I don't know your method nor that for OEM.

20x9.0" 32.8lbs / load rating 900kg
20x10.0" 34.8lbs / load rating 900kg

We manufactured the 20" TST to hold a load of 900kg to ensure each wheel would hold the weight of both the Model X and Model S.

View attachment 186576

View attachment 186577
These wheels look really good, perfect wheel to rubber ratio. I noticed the front wheels are a half inch wider than the OEM 21" turbines. Is there an advantage to making them wider? Is there any rub? I also noticed the examples I have seen are all staggered. Is there any problem with doing a square setup? Thanks in advance!

These wheels look really good, perfect wheel to rubber ratio. I noticed the front wheels are a half inch wider than the OEM 21" turbines. Is there an advantage to making them wider? Is there any rub? I also noticed the examples I have seen are all staggered. Is there any problem with doing a square setup? Thanks in advance!

We opted for a wider front & rear for better vehicle stance and this also gives owners the option for a wider fitting tire.

For a MS using a 245/40-20 front and 275/40-20 rear, there is no rubbing.

Some prefer a square setup for purposes of rotating their tires. No problem.

We look forward to your order.

Reactions: Gentilly7
Here's an oldy car with new goody wheels.

Wheel: TST
Size: 20x9.0" front, 20x10.0" rear
Finish: Gloss Black
Tires: Pirelli PZero 245/40-20” front, 275/40-20” rear
Other: Uses factory lug nuts, accepts factory center cap, uses original TPMS.

blue-tesla-model-s-20-inch-gloss-black-tst-1-jpg.188883

blue-tesla-model-s-20-inch-gloss-black-tst-2-jpg.188884