Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Car in The Doctor's Lot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my 85P+ at a time when there was a two month wait. Next door neighbor is an ICU doc. He bought a red MB convertible 5 days before my 'S' arrived. He is still trying to figure out how his next door neighbor, a veterinarian, could afford a Tesla ( bought some TSLA :biggrin:) and has been drooling over it ever since. His lease runs out in 3 years..maybe then.

Since retirement does not erase the suffix after my name, I might as well join the party. Retired surgeon so I have no Doctor's Parking Lot to write about. However, I do have a gated community lot as well as the whole town to talk about and I believe I am the only show in both places. So far have been getting mostly blank stares on the road. I guess I'm somewhat isolated and off the beaten track so it's good that I can be in touch with fellow enthusiasts via this web site.

Getting the car in one week. The hospital will complete installation of NEMA 14-50 by the end of the month. Car is going to the detailer as soon as I get it to get 22PLE and XPEL put on. Debating about floor mats, will decide once I get the car. Also debating about alloygators to protect the wheels. Anyone here using them?
Took two weeks of vacation between confirming and delivery. It just happened this way, did not plan it. But it did help the with the anticipation angst! Waiting only 4 weeks until delivery also helps!!! Excited beyond belief!!

Getting the car in one week. The hospital will complete installation of NEMA 14-50 by the end of the month. Car is going to the detailer as soon as I get it to get 22PLE and XPEL put on. Debating about floor mats, will decide once I get the car. Also debating about alloygators to protect the wheels. Anyone here using them?
Took two weeks of vacation between confirming and delivery. It just happened this way, did not plan it. But it did help the with the anticipation angst! Waiting only 4 weeks until delivery also helps!!! Excited beyond belief!!

Put gators on mine...Local SC did it for me. I understand that they may not put them on for you these days. Since they are from England they take 10-14 days to cross the pond. If you enter the word 'tesla' in promo screen they used to give 10% discount. Will put these on every future vehicle purchase. Good luck.

Put gators on mine...Local SC did it for me. I understand that they may not put them on for you these days. Since they are from England they take 10-14 days to cross the pond. If you enter the word 'tesla' in promo screen they used to give 10% discount. Will put these on every future vehicle purchase. Good luck.

What color did you get? What kind of wheels do you have? Would you have gotten another color?

Great meeting 4SUPER9 as well as a number of other docs today in a different parking lot
20130908_104256_Glenn Anderson Fwy.jpg

X-RAY-- I'm also not on the forum everyday; just enough to amuse my wife:smile: Glad you saw my post.

I'm also in CA, but my hospital is not progressive enough to have put in charging stations. The truth is, I only live a few miles from the main hospital, so I don't need a charging station, even if I was driving a Leaf. I really should be riding my bike to work instead of driving anyway, but my Model S is just too much fun to leave at home (or more likely, my wife would just steal it).

MSPRad. I live very close to the hospital also so it really doesn't make sense for me to stomp up and down too much for a charging station because that's part of the point of having a Tesla, that you can drive without much range anxiety. Most days, I actually drive our Prius to work and it's my wife that racks up the miles on the Tesla (she's doing a very good job at that). It doesn't make sense for me to drive a few miles, and then just park the car for the entire day while my wife is driving around in circles around town wasting gas (if she drives the Prius). Anyway, I think the solution will be to get her the Model X when it is released, so that I can drive the S. We'll see were they price the X...with all the price increases, I'm getting worried that I'll have to settle. At least the falcon wing doors will come standard.

Well my P85+ white with black leather should arrive in a couple of weeks in Denver CO. Seeing more and more on the road but will be the first in my clinic parking lot. I just work outpatient Family Medicine in a primary care clinic of 20 docs for Kaiser Permanente. Married to an OBGYN (sugar momma!) and expecting our second child in a couple months so needed to get a 4 door. The MS was a natural choice (sold my 2012 Camaro SS vert). Planning to get a MX for the wife in a couple of years!

MSPRad. I live very close to the hospital also so it really doesn't make sense for me to stomp up and down too much for a charging station because that's part of the point of having a Tesla, that you can drive without much range anxiety. Most days, I actually drive our Prius to work and it's my wife that racks up the miles on the Tesla (she's doing a very good job at that). It doesn't make sense for me to drive a few miles, and then just park the car for the entire day while my wife is driving around in circles around town wasting gas (if she drives the Prius). Anyway, I think the solution will be to get her the Model X when it is released, so that I can drive the S. We'll see were they price the X...with all the price increases, I'm getting worried that I'll have to settle. At least the falcon wing doors will come standard.

I made the mistake of letting my wife read your post. Now she is convinced that she should be driving the Tesla, and I the Prius (yeah, we got one of those too). Hmmm, we may need a second Tesla sooner than I thought. Wish I bought some TSLA when I picked up my car in March.

On Saturdays I frequently see a few postop patients when the office is otherwise closed. In the front lot, it is pretty obvious which car is yours. I am always self conscious to park either of my vehicles there so I always park in back:
My 1993 Chevy 4x4 pickup--- "Wow, how good can this doctor be? Must not be doing well driving something like that...."
My 1997 Dodge Viper----"So that's why my LASIK cost so much!!!"

Hoping the Model S will strike a nice balance and I can park in the front lot .....:smile:

Anesthesiologist in southeastern Wisconsin. . My orthopod buddy, bbamrah, took me for a spin in his silver P85 in April. Bought a gray P85 only a couple of weeks afterwards. I live in a relatively small town, so I am pretty much the only Tesla owner within in a 20 mile radius of my hospital. I am working on one of my gas colleagues and a hand surgeon as my pet projects to buy a MS..

Charge port

I'm pretty sure that I'll be the first Model S in my hospital garage. I should have delivery in 3-4 weeks.

We don't have a doctor's lot but we do have a "dedicated" portion of the parking lot which is loosely enforced.

Being an anesthesiologist, I get to the hospital early enough that I can get a good spot.

Now to convince administration that putting in charging stations would be a good PR move...

Did u succeed in admin installing a charge port?. I failed.

Did u succeed in admin installing a charge port?. I failed.

I have failed to get an EVSE--for 2 years now even after getting a grant from the Community Environmental Council. Hospital says that even with the grant the cost to the hospital with all the nonsense they have to go through is $20 grand per charging station.

I will keep pushing though. I annoyed them enough (along with many others) to get the hospital to be a non smoking institution after 10 years of pushing them. And last year was the first to have influenza vaccine required for all physicians--and this year for all hospital staff.

One just has to continuously keep the hospital under pressure to get them to do the right thing. They won't do it of their own natural accord.

Good for you Timothy (about the non smoking and vaccine). Keep trying.
I spoke with our maintenance manager and told him I was getting a Tesla. He was familiar with it. I emailed him charging information about the Tesla. I received an email two weeks later stating that they were going to put a NEMA 15-40 in the garage. I was ecstatic! They are still working on the install and should be ready in 1-2 weeks.

Am I seriously the only eletrophysiologist here?! I mean, it is THE PERFECT EP car!

Twiddler, I'm a PM&R doc who does my share of EMG/NCS studies and I have to agree that the MS give me a bigger jolt than any repetitive stim study could... During electrodiagnostic studies, I end up waxing eloquent about TSLA, the Model S, EV's, infrastructure, Elon Musk-- you name it, whenever a patient brings up something even remotely related. It does help distract the patient from the zaps I'm giving them!

There's at least two other MS in our hospital (and a proud Fisker owner) and three other docs (ED, optho and general surgery) in our neighborhood have them, ranging from sig p85s to s85s.

Since getting my own S85 a few months ago, I don't mind driving from hospital to clinic to surgery center to admin meeting nearly as much-- in fact, I look for every excuse to visit another campus during the day...

As a friend of mine said to me, "We were wondering when you were going to get a REAL doctor's car." (What did they have against my 03 Honda Pilot?!)