Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Credit Union around Los Angeles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hiline

Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2022
Los Angeles
Listings
Hey LA folks,

I'm looking for a credit union with low rates for my incoming Model 3. I got offered 2.99% for 72 months with 10% down payment at US Bank through Tesla, but I think I can do better. I checked University Credit Union (UCU) and was offered 2.74% for 72 months, or 2.49% for 60 months with 10% down payment. Is there any credit union around that offers anything like 1.99% at 60 months with 10% down, or 2.49% at 72 months with 0% down, etc.?

DCU is pretty painless and believe you can do $0 down. But they have direct deposit requirement to get 1.99% rate (up to 65 months). Keep in mind with third party financing, you won't be able to finalize anything until you get your VIN. Not sure if you can lock in your rate before then because I suspect rates will be going up soon.

Thank you all for chiming in. I ended up going with US Bank's offer since they locked the rate in for 60 days, just enough time for me to take delivery. UCU unfortunately allowed only 30 days of rate lock. Some credit unions I uncovered in my research:

1. Wescom: similar rates to UCU, difficult to open a bank account with
2. Affinity Federal Credit Union: good rates - better than DCU even, easy to get in with
3. Credit Union 1: fantastic rates for 60 months, and doesn't require membership. If I were willing to forgo the convenience of doing financing through Tesla, I think I would've gone with this credit union.

Hope this helps anyone who will be ordering in the future!

Reactions: kaiju.y