Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just joined DCU and my application says approved and completed instantly.
How long does it usually take to be able to login to the account?
You should receive email with secured link which let you login to their application processing. You need to set password for the first time to access. In there you should see email with account details (if it is completely approved)

Reactions: h4nneman
You should receive email with secured link which let you login to their application processing. You need to set password for the first time to access. In there you should see email with account details (if it is completely approved)
Yes, I got that email where it gave me my membership number. Still would not allow me to log in. Also tried to recover/reset pw with my phone number I provided and the membership number they provided and it says it doesn't match their records.

Maybe it does take a day or so to setup my account after application has been approved?

Yes, I got that email where it gave me my membership number. Still would not allow me to log in. Also tried to recover/reset pw with my phone number I provided and the membership number they provided and it says it doesn't match their records.

Maybe it does take a day or so to setup my account after application has been approved?
The initial password is last four of your social with userid being you membership number. If it does not work, probably you have to wait till you receive welcome email or if you need it fast, just call them to expedite.

Reactions: h4nneman
Guys, I decided to jump on the M3s that were just released. So my timetable is super accelerated here. I just applied for a loan with DCU and upload the MVPA from Tesla. How do I go ahead and get the rate lower than the 1.49%? I keep reading you gotta do it with direct deposit, but rather then waiting on the phone for 3 hours… how can I expedite this and take care of it on my own? Just go into my DCU account and setup the direct deposit and then email someone so the rate can be adjusted? How can I request a call back? Someone please fill me in as my call is likely to drop before someone even comes to the phone 😭

Just to keep this MY sub form worthy, I’m keeping my MY order too! Selling another car to jump on the M3 now and hopefully be a two Tesla household by next year! 👍🏻

Last edited:
Looking at DCU membership requirements it seems you either have to be located in a specific location or have family / employment relations to a current member. Does a referral from someone here cover that?

If so I am kindly asking for a referral in the DMs, please!

What is the advantage of getting 1.49% rate matched by Tesla ? I was able to complete all the steps (mentioned in a earlier post) except for the price match with Tesla.
Financing through Tesla ensures a simple transaction. No need to collect a check from the CU and hand it over to Tesla.

They will often rate match at 72 months so you have lower payments.

Also Tesla uses major banks with a real Web/App interface that the CU’s are often lacking. DCU’s website leaves much to be desired

Reactions: pcmike
Status
Not open for further replies.