Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best music system?

Which Sound System is better?

• Model Y

• Model 3

• They are the same system I know for fact.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which Model has the better sound system, Model 3 or Model Y? That may influence my decision considerably as a musician. I know that the Model 3's sound system is way better than the S's and the X's but haven't heard about the Y's.

I own a Model Y and drove around a Model 3 for a few days (loaner from my tint shop). To me, the sound system in these two models is nearly identical and sounded almost exactly the same. The sound in these cars is incredibly immersive and high quality. My previous car was an Audi S4 with the upgraded B&O sound system so I was worried before getting my Model Y that the sound system would be a downgrade. I was completely wrong!

Music system, considering its a car, is awesome in M3. However at freeway speeds it's irrelevant to a degree because noise from the road masks over the music and M3 has no road noise insulation compared to similar priced ICE cars. When driving slow or just sitting in the car it's great, for a car. Obviously a subwoofer is pretty small, otherwise all frequencies are covered well, imo. Some might say sub is AWESOME in M3, but they are probably not very exp'd in aftermarket systems. If you are coming from another stock ICE car, the system is awesome.

Reactions: electracity
Don't quite understand how one would claim the M3 & MY's are way better than MX & MS's. Had a MS loaner and the audio was not bad to my ears to say the MY is better. Comparing it to her MDX with the full ELS system upgrade however, the MDX may have a slight edge over the MY.

Even Musk says the Model 3 sound system is better than the X's or S's: "Has an amazingly immersive, cinematic feel due to the comfy seats & surround sound audio,” Musk announced on Twitter. “Watching a movie on Tesla V10.0 is great, in large part due to the sound system…feels just like an old school drive in movie experience, but with much better sound.”

But the question is is the Y's sound system better. Is the road noise insulation better on the Y?

Tesla reviewer reveals a secret of the Model 3's stellar sound system.

Even Musk says the Model 3 sound system is better than the X's or S's: "Has an amazingly immersive, cinematic feel due to the comfy seats & surround sound audio,” Musk announced on Twitter. “Watching a movie on Tesla V10.0 is great, in large part due to the sound system…feels just like an old school drive in movie experience, but with much better sound.”

But the question is is the Y's sound system better. Is the road noise insulation better on the Y?

Tesla reviewer reveals a secret of the Model 3's stellar sound system.
Thats great for Elon but have you heard X and S for yourself?

Don't quite understand how one would claim the M3 & MY's are way better than MX & MS's. Had a MS loaner and the audio was not bad to my ears to say the MY is better. Comparing it to her MDX with the full ELS system upgrade however, the MDX may have a slight edge over the MY.
I've driven a MS for 3 years and a MY for one month. The MY is hands down a more immersive sounds system.

• Informative
Reactions: decrypt
I've driven a MS for 3 years and a MY for one month. The MY is hands down a more immersive sounds system.
I found them (S vs. Y) to be different, but I didn't experience one as definitively better than the other. Both are excellent as OEM sound systems go. Neither compares well to spending 5K on a custom vehicle sound system. I enjoyed some songs slightly better in my S vs. the Y, and vice versa. I would agree about the immersiveness of the soundstage... the Y has a software feature to enable that whereas my S did not.

• Informative
Reactions: BMax_V.2