Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best place for Xpel and Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Where do you folks recommend having Xpel installed? Looking for a really good installer as I can be very picky... Looking to do the front of my MS.

Those of you with Xpel, how do you like it so far?

Also, looking to do Ceramic tint, where and what do you guys recommend?

Jun's Tinting...I think Spleen posted in the Model X thread about it. He'll come to your house and do the work in the garage so you don't have to worry about driving during the curing process. He did a great job on my MS - full front end, rocker panels, door handles, side mirrors, and door edges. He'll also do tint.

FYI. There are only a few people who are certified for Xpel. He works on JN's exotic cars tints and wraps so they asked him to get certified.

Highly recommend him (Peter)!

Call Robert at 808.954.1600 for complete explanation but apparently xpel turns orange after some time and peels... either that or it peels like an orange.... Or looks like an orange peel when applied....

He also does xpel if you're really set on it, it's cheaper than cgn!

But CGN is the clearest

Call Robert at 808.954.1600 for complete explanation but apparently xpel turns orange after some time and peels... either that or it peels like an orange.... Or looks like an orange peel when applied....

He also does xpel if you're really set on it, it's cheaper than cgn!

But CGN is the clearest

Interesting - I'm sure I can google and find some examples! I would think the warranty could cover such peeling, etc., but I'm sure the installer doesn't want to deal with the hassle of a warranty claim as the manufacturer will probably lowball the labor reimbursement on the warranty.

Jun's Tinting...I think Spleen posted in the Model X thread about it. He'll come to your house and do the work in the garage so you don't have to worry about driving during the curing process. He did a great job on my MS - full front end, rocker panels, door handles, side mirrors, and door edges. He'll also do tint.

FYI. There are only a few people who are certified for Xpel. He works on JN's exotic cars tints and wraps so they asked him to get certified.

Highly recommend him (Peter)!

Thank you for the recommendation Nanimac, He will be here tomorrow morning to Xpel the hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors. Looking forward to the final product.

Reactions: nanimac