Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best public EV charger pass for France?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would appreciate opinions on whether I actually need anything?

ABRP says that Superchargers will comfortably get me to Alps, and back. I have Schuko adaptor for when I get there.

I've left it a bit late ...
Probably not - we drove 250 miles around the area we were staying in over three days and it could have been more (we were cruiding around looking at properties) and the nearest supercharger was over an hour away so we need some confidence that we could extend the available range, if needed. It doesn't sound like you will be doing that. Plus you have 50% more range than us :D

I only used the KiWhi card once and that was simply to ensure we arrived at our final destination with enough battery to charge up full (90%) by the next morning. It turned out that the charging worked well (15A was reliable - I didn't try 16A) so the KiWhi en-route top-up was unnecessary.

On the way home the car was being very pessimistic about us getting to the first supercharger (the road was wet and it was quite cool and windy) - dropping from 10% to 0% predicted arrival charge at one point but we arrived at Le Mans with 12% after declining to cruise on the autoroute at the speed limit.

Probably not

arrived at our final destination with enough battery

First return Supercharger is at least 700M Regen descent ... I'll be interested to see how much that is worth. Need to remember NOT to do night before 100% Long Trip Charge :)

I took an RS4 up there once upon a time. Hammered it on the way up to see how low I could get the MPG computer ... and then filled it brim full at the top and freewheeled all the way down. Never seen an RS4 with so much predicted range :)

Not done France in EV before. Previously the MS90 had some ABRP stops needing charge to over 90% and/or stick-to-60MPH. Raven doesn't seem to have any of those hangups ... I've started a thread for any suggestions about the trip.

Reactions: vitesse

First return Supercharger is at least 700M Regen descent ... I'll be interested to see how much that is worth. Need to remember NOT to do night before 100% Long Trip Charge :)

I took an RS4 up there once upon a time. Hammered it on the way up to see how low I could get the MPG computer ... and then filled it brim full at the top and freewheeled all the way down. Never seen an RS4 with so much predicted range :)

Not done France in EV before. Previously the MS90 had some ABRP stops needing charge to over 90% and/or stick-to-60MPH. Raven doesn't seem to have any of those hangups ... I've started a thread for any suggestions about the trip.

You're welcome to borrow my card if you think you might need it :D