Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best rims for Michelin X-Ice snow winter tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the size, obviously you have the Model 3. But which Model 3 trim do you have?

If you have the SR+ or the LR, then any 18" alloy wheel that fits a Model 3 will fit. Some folks go for the original rims from Tesla (aero wheels), some go for the replica version of the OEM wheels (so they can also use the aero caps) which are called the OEP TL03. These options are not available if you use the Performance trim however, since these 18" wheels will not clear the larger brakes in this trim.

Others go for other aftermarket wheel, of which I most frequently see folks saying they are using Replika R241s. These will work with Performance trim as an example.

If you know of a good tire place, they can already recommend a wheel for you.

From the size, obviously you have the Model 3. But which Model 3 trim do you have?

If you have the SR+ or the LR, then any 18" alloy wheel that fits a Model 3 will fit. Some folks go for the original rims from Tesla (aero wheels), some go for the replica version of the OEM wheels (so they can also use the aero caps) which are called the OEP TL03. These options are not available if you use the Performance trim however, since these 18" wheels will not clear the larger brakes in this trim.

Others go for other aftermarket wheel, of which I most frequently see folks saying they are using Replika R241s. These will work with Performance trim as an example.

If you know of a good tire place, they can already recommend a wheel for you.

Wow, thanks so much for your reply. Sorry I should've clarified but I bought the Model 3 LR trim.
I want to have spare rims for winter. Ideally I want to go for the original aero rims but looks like they're all sold out on Tesla website...