Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Tesla-friendly hotels in San Francisco?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Later this year, I am planning a family road trip to San Francisco. I am looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel that has a Tesla destination charger. Anyone have any favorites hotels in SF that they have personally stayed in and can recommend?

Thank you,
joebruin77

Your options are almost limitless, but you'll pay a pretty penny.

Westin St. Francis, Loews Regency, Intercontinental, JW Marriott, Fairmont, Ritz Carlton, etc etc. They all have valets and destination charging. Expect $60 or more per night.

I'd decide where approximately you want to stay and then work backwards from there using plugshare.

• Helpful
Reactions: joebruin77
Your options are almost limitless, but you'll pay a pretty penny.

Westin St. Francis, Loews Regency, Intercontinental, JW Marriott, Fairmont, Ritz Carlton, etc etc. They all have valets and destination charging. Expect $60 or more per night.

I'd decide where approximately you want to stay and then work backwards from there using plugshare.

I am assuming when you reference $60 per nights - that's the parking rate and not the room rate. Otherwise, can you please book me a night at the Ritz (or any other you listed, I'm not picky). Thank you.

Reactions: aerodyne
Thank you for the helpful replies, everyone!

I came across a hotel called The Stanford Court Hotel on Nob Hill. It is rated #8 out of all the hotels in San Francisco on Tripadvisor. The offered a special parking rate of 15% off their normal $60 per night rate (hey, its something!).

No Tesla Destination Chargers, but they do have 2 J-1772 chargers.

Anyone familiar with Stanford Court?

I usually stay at the "Lodge at the Presidio" which is in the Presidio of San Francisco, next door to the Disney Family Museum. The rooms in the back have unobstructed views of the Golden Gate Bridge. However, those rooms also look down toward a section of Hwy 101, so it can be a bit noisy. During rush hour traffic, I literally counted at least 1 Tesla every 10 seconds. Quit counting after 2 minutes...

There are about 5 or 6 ChargePoint charging stations hidden in the back of the Disney Family Museum which were never occupied. The hotel parking pass allows you to park in the same lot as the ChargePoint charging stations. You can also take the free PresidoGo shuttles around the Presidio and into downtown SF (after commute times).

Our Model 3 was parked outside in the Parade Ground parking lot for a few days and survived without getting a window smashed, which was a big plus. The last time we were there was during Halloween and the parking lot had about a dozen Model 3s and lots of Porsches, Range Rovers, a McLaren, Audi R8, etc...

I agree with @ucmndd above and first decide on what part of the city you want to stay in...

I usually stay at the "Lodge at the Presidio" which is in the Presidio of San Francisco, next door to the Disney Family Museum. The rooms in the back have unobstructed views of the Golden Gate Bridge. However, those rooms also look down toward a section of Hwy 101, so it can be a bit noisy. During rush hour traffic, I literally counted at least 1 Tesla every 10 seconds. Quit counting after 2 minutes...

There are about 5 or 6 ChargePoint charging stations hidden in the back of the Disney Family Museum which were never occupied. The hotel parking pass allows you to park in the same lot as the ChargePoint charging stations. You can also take the free PresidoGo shuttles around the Presidio and into downtown SF (after commute times).

Our Model 3 was parked outside in the Parade Ground parking lot for a few days and survived without getting a window smashed, which was a big plus. The last time we were there was during Halloween and the parking lot had about a dozen Model 3s and lots of Porsches, Range Rovers, a McLaren, Audi R8, etc...

I agree with @ucmndd above and first decide on what part of the city you want to stay in...

Thanks for the recommendation. I saw the Lodge's website and it looks beautiful. I would love to stay there one day, but for this trip I think we are looking to stay closer to Nob Hill.