Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Used Model S Year/Trim on $65k Budget

Devil_Dog

Mar 9, 2021
New Orleans
Greetings all! Respectfully request to draw from the collective pool of knowledge here for some sage insight for this Tesla novice.
I’m set on getting my first Tesla and am coming from a luxury sports car background. My budget is ~$65k.
I’m set on the model S. Am I better to get a newer model but give up performance (e.g. 2019 100D) or an older model with higher performance (eg 2017 P100D)? Both are available in that relative price range with semi similar miles.
is there a significant loss resultant from reaching back to a 2017 model vs a 2019?
Any insight/recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Cheers!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC