Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access to USB-C ports in console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like the Teslogic connection of the MY to my iPhone via Bluetooth and I'm installing a cell-phone mount with wireless charging and I'm wondering where to plug it in. I've seen YouTube videos where the power cord was looped over the top of the console and then inside and others where the power cord was plugged into the rear USB port. Is there no way to neatly insert the cord into the console for plugging into the USB port?

Reactions: Stach
Would a hub like this solve your problem?

It gives you 4 usb ports in the interior of your car. It's a clever design. It prevents the sliding console cover from closing all the way. I use dust plugs on the unused ports so they stay clean. The blue light is very cool but I wish there was a way to manually turn it off.

I saw this product but didn’t get it because I can see dirt and spilled liquid getting into the ports. I purchased the port multiplayer (from someone) but the extra ports are inside the console where I can‘t get to them. I’m thinking about drilling a neat hole from the driver side panel to the inside bottom and routing the cord through that hole. But before I did it the brute force way I thought that someone has a more elegant and less destructive method.

Reactions: Stach
I saw this product but dIidn’t get it because I can see dirt and spilled liquid getting into the ports. I purchased the port multiplayer (from someone) but the extra ports are inside the console where I can‘t get to them. I’m thinking about drilling a neat hole from the driver side panel to the inside bottom and routing the cord through that hole. But before I did it the brute force way I thought that someone has a more elegant and less destructive method.
I think you are looking for this

This is what I used before I took apart my center console and fished my usb wire from the port to my magnetic charger. There was a youtube video that guides you through it, but I cant seem to find it again.

Edit: found the video.

I wasnt able to drop the wire from behind the screen into the center console. I tried many different angles but it just didnt go through. I just slipped the wire between the center console trim on the top left. Its not as clean but you wouldnt notice unless you looked.

Reactions: derekmw