Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to have lowest Lease?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
New to the forums, have a model 3 on pre order but really anxious get into the Tesla game so currently have 2015 Lexus GS 350 F sport on lease and willing to get rid of my lease early if I can get into a model S early.

Ironically I own a used car business and feel leasing is the way to since I don't keep my cars long. I find that as compared to Lexus and some high end brands, Tesla has a very bad leasing program with very little flexibility. That being said I have heard in conversation how a few people have done a lease where they got a model S for like $450-500 a month without any down payment? I have never given any down on a lease and prefer 2 year v a three personally.
Is there any way to go about this and if you all can shine some light on best way to lease maybe without having to go through Tesla?

Is it worth it leasing a base model without much options just to get use to EV idea and then perhaps get the model 3 with more bells and whistles?

Hello,
New to the forums, have a model 3 on pre order but really anxious get into the Tesla game so currently have 2015 Lexus GS 350 F sport on lease and willing to get rid of my lease early if I can get into a model S early.

Ironically I own a used car business and feel leasing is the way to since I don't keep my cars long. I find that as compared to Lexus and some high end brands, Tesla has a very bad leasing program with very little flexibility. That being said I have heard in conversation how a few people have done a lease where they got a model S for like $450-500 a month without any down payment? I have never given any down on a lease and prefer 2 year v a three personally.
Is there any way to go about this and if you all can shine some light on best way to lease maybe without having to go through Tesla?

Is it worth it leasing a base model without much options just to get use to EV idea and then perhaps get the model 3 with more bells and whistles?

3rd party leasing companies exist. Reducing the captial cost of a lease can be done by negotiating the sale price (good luck), placing cash down, or trading in a car. Most likely the low payments were due to a trade-in if it wasn't cash.

Hello,

If you or anyone else manage to find a model S without anything down for $500 a month please let me know.

My take is if you lease you could have a good deal on an expensive Model S, but you will have a very bad deal on a base S.

There are currently some $120k+ MSRP P90Ds that tesla lease for $1,050 (according to their website) a month. These are showroom cars.

A base 60 will be around $800 I think.. Really not worth it.

Tesla really offers nothing on S60 :(

If you or anyone else manage to find a model S without anything down for $500 a month please let me know.

My take is if you lease you could have a good deal on an expensive Model S, but you will have a very bad deal on a base S.

There are currently some $120k+ MSRP P90Ds that tesla lease for $1,050 (according to their website) a month. These are showroom cars.

A base 60 will be around $800 I think.. Really not worth it.

Tesla really offers nothing on S60 :(

Interesting, would totally be worth paying a few dollars more to get a loaded car with ludicrous mode and such.

Again I am new to Tesla, most of you being owners, is it worth going the used route and paying a monthly or getting a lease? I personally don't know how I feel about a 1k lease a month. I DO think the model 3 lease will be a lot more affordable but we have yet to know.

Just to confirm the p90ds I am referring to do not include ludicrous. Still 0 to 60 in 3.1 sec I think. It's super car territory.

I am not an owner.. Like u I want a tesla but I am kind of discouraged by the very high selling price.. I was going to wait until the 3 for sure.. But my car got totaled a couple months ago

Absolutely agree on paying $1k a month. Personally if possible I'd wait until the 3 and keep ur car..