Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model S vs. Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hallo,

my name ist Tom, I am from Germany and this is my first post.
I am just about to get an model S, after owning bunch auf different Mercedes /AMGs and Porsches, rather the powerful species.

was also thinking wether getting a Model S LR or a plaid. LR ist still amazingly powerful, batteries are in the 100 kWh range, which ist okay, but not really much, I was wondering If this makes sense for a plaid...

The by far best information I found were YouTube videos from Björn Nyland. This guy ist not only very funny, but also very sophistcated. He answered the question wether to get a normal LR or a plaid for efficiency reasons. He made more than 10 Videos Plaid/LR, but this is the one you want ro watch:

I will get the Plaid.

Reactions: empiredown
Depends on how you define "full power." If you mean full throttle, - ALL THE TIME. It's addictive, even if it's just 10-30, or 0-25, or even 40-70. It doesn't matter. It's amazing, and for me the primary reason to buy an S. The regular S for me at regular speeds is certainly quick (around the same as my old Model 3 Performance in the 0-60 range, and noticeably quicker above 60), but it's just not excitingly fast like the Plaid is. And yes, it's the doing and the knowing - that you can trounce anything you'd ever come across. I couldn't go back. Sad thing is, - it's unlikely my next car is as a quick as the Plaid so I may be forced to go back, boo!
I would like to know, in all seriousness, htf you go from 0-25 full throttle. My foot isn't fast enough for that. And the hardest thing about going from 40-70 "full power" is not going triple digits. Seriously.

Stop light today, sheriff next to me, both at a red light. went green, I went "full power". My foot was fast, just touched the floor and I released and I was at 55. I was at the next light before he or any other cars were across the intersection. I caught the next red light, he pulled up next to me, motioned for me to roll my window down and said, "I want one". Wish I had my camera on lol

I would like to know, in all seriousness, htf you go from 0-25 full throttle. My foot isn't fast enough for that. And the hardest thing about going from 40-70 "full power" is not going triple digits. Seriously.

Stop light today, sheriff next to me, both at a red light. went green, I went "full power". My foot was fast, just touched the floor and I released and I was at 55. I was at the next light before he or any other cars were across the intersection. I caught the next red light, he pulled up next to me, motioned for me to roll my window down and said, "I want one". Wish I had my camera on lol
0-25 is far too fast, yes, and that's what makes it superb.