Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to invest in TSLA from the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having moved back from the US to the UK, i can not use my old etrade account anymore.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a good UK based trading account with low fees? i'm not interested in the ISA options. I just want to be able to trade NASDAQ and TSLA with low fees?

any ideas? most seem to have high charges and wide spreads on exchange rates. I've seen that TD will allow you to hold USD in an account so you only get hit on the exchange rate when you go into and out of that?

are there better ones? thanks!

Does anybody have any experience with TD Direct Investing (www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/share-dealing). Note they are different from TD international.

Their rates are tiered and flat whether trading in UK or US (Active (£5.95), Frequent (£8.95) or Standard (£12.50))
It also appears that you can have a multi currency account so don't need to get hit by their 1.5% currency spread on each trade.

Again any experience welcomed. I'll probably be an active trader will small gains.

I'm finding IB fees confusing (sure its just user error). But just buying US shares, it looks like it would be USD 0.005 per share bought with a min fee of 1USD. Which seems pretty cheap.

Is that it?

Are there fees to move money in and out? what about general account charges?