Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big difference between US and China build quality?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking good...well done.

I think the LR is a worthwhile step up from the SR+ for most folks.

And white is most definitely the best colour.... especially if you add a little more matt black to break things up a bit!View attachment 894181View attachment 894180View attachment 894179View attachment 894182

The white is very nice indeed, especially in person, I have to agree. I just didn't want want white as it's the standard free colour and I already have a white car, hence we ordered red! Also if I'm really honest, the red isn't as nice as I really want it to be - I've just been convincing myself it is! It looks great on the configurator and great on photos in really sunny places and/or with a bit of help from the camera, but whenever I see one in the sort of conditions we have 95% of the time over here, they look a bit dull flat and dark. So I'm not too upset.

I absolutely need to finish the de-chrome with badging and text for sure! Black looks great. Maybe even a P style spoiler too. But first I need to empty my wallet at Hansshow! Maybe find a spare 2k for more power one day too.

..... if I'm really honest, the red isn't as nice as I really want it to be - I've just been convincing myself it is! It looks great on the configurator and great on photos in really sunny places and/or with a bit of help from the camera, but whenever I see one in the sort of conditions we have 95% of the time over here, they look a bit dull flat and dark. So I'm not too upset.
Completely agree.

The red looks great in pictures but on the road / in the metal it is very underwhelming.....as are the other colour choices IMHO. For me, white the best of an uninspiring lot, but too common because it's the free colour as you say.

Whereabouts in Norway are you? I worked in the oil industry for 40 years so inevitably spent time in Norway (dodged Nigeria though!!) - 18 months in Oslo and more short trips to Stavanger than you can shake a stick at!

Last edited:
Completely agree.

The red looks great in pictures but on the road / in the metal it is very underwhelming.....as are the other colour choices IMHO. For me, white the best of an uninspiring lot, but too common because it's the free colour as you say.

Whereabouts in Norway are you? I worked in the oil industry for 40 years so inevitably spent time in Norway (dodged Nigeria though!!) - 18 months in Oslo and more short trips to Stavanger than you can shake a stick at!

In Stavanger. Came here for a one year contract. 11.5 years ago! :)

Just wish the Quicksilver and Cherry red were available when I got mine.
Went for the Midnight silver to match the concrete jungle of London.

Yeah they look great! I'd never choose a silver car usually, but that Quicksilver I would! Looks stunning. But again, that's perfect conditions pics. Interested to see what it's like in person.

Completely agree.

Can i ask where you got the black badges? Are they nice quality as if OE? Cheers.

Can i ask where you got the black badges? Are they nice quality as if OE? Cheers.
Yes of course.....I haven't found any replacement badges I like. The ones that fit over existing badges are especially nasty!!

So, my solution is PlastiDip. It's an aerosol spray rubber-like paint. Amazing stuff and 100% reversible....and cheaper than replacement badges.

The pictures above are of the badges on my old lease car - they stayed looking as good as new for nearly 2 years and then it was a matter of minutes to get them back to chrome for return of the car. Colour/texture match is very close to the door handles.

Badges on my new car were sprayed a few days ago.

Google 'Plastidip car emblem' and look at a video or two to get the idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiamPope
Just wish the Quicksilver and Cherry red were available when I got mine.
Went for the Midnight silver to match the concrete jungle of London.
I’m waiting for my midnight silver M3P at the moment. I was so torn between the silver and the red, but I’m more of a maroon red person than a solid bright red.

If only the cherry red was available…looks perfect. Never mind, I’ll convince myself that a M3P in silver looks as good as my grey Scirocco ;)

There is a definite marked improvement from my Fremont 2019 M3P to my MiC MYP - That's not to say the Fremont ones didn't get better over time, I'm sure a Richard Symons video showed there wasn't much in it.

Nothing wrong with my M3P at all, but the MYP is definitely a step up when it comes to build quality, even down to a more satisfying door closing noise :)
Agreed. My 2019 M3P was traded in yesterday for a new MYP. The earlier car was OK ish but the MiC car is streets ahead. My M3P was not a huge deal different to the early MiC cars but it looks like they've upped their game again as the MYP is faultless and feels far more solid. We collected at the NEC yesterday - it was quiet and so we took the opportunity to have a look at several other cars, not just our own. They all looked spot on to be fair. The Tesla guy said that they now get very few issues reported at collection.

I now need to change the wheels to the 19" TSportline which just arrived and should give a bit more protection on our glorious pot-hole strewn UK roads.

Reactions: DaveW
Agreed. My 2019 M3P was traded in yesterday for a new MYP. The earlier car was OK ish but the MiC car is streets ahead. My M3P was not a huge deal different to the early MiC cars but it looks like they've upped their game again as the MYP is faultless and feels far more solid. We collected at the NEC yesterday - it was quiet and so we took the opportunity to have a look at several other cars, not just our own. They all looked spot on to be fair. The Tesla guy said that they now get very few issues reported at collection.

I now need to change the wheels to the 19" TSportline which just arrived and should give a bit more protection on our glorious pot-hole strewn UK roads.
It looks so much better on the big wheels, I managed to survive 3.5 years in the M3P on 20"s - Only even managing to curb one wheel the whole time (damn low curb in Cambridge - had my daughter in the car, said 'sugar' a lot 😂), hoping that continues.

Reactions: spon88
It looks so much better on the big wheels, I managed to survive 3.5 years in the M3P on 20"s - Only even managing to curb one wheel the whole time (damn low curb in Cambridge - had my daughter in the car, said 'sugar' a lot 😂), hoping that continues.
It does look amazing on the OEM wheels :)
IMG_20230128_120601.jpg

These are the ones I'm changing to - very similar 19s, US imports:

4 day delivery from California which was very quick. Hoping to switch next week but tyre choice at the moment isn't great unfortunately. The new Pirelli all seasons look very good but at £245 per corner, not cheap! Really pleased with the car so far.

Reactions: Zilla91