Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Drop Off in Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently on a trip and first day 2021 Y at 100%, rain, but little wind. Arrived at first charger 110 miles with less than 20% charge left.
Next charger 148 miles, recharged to 95%, based on computer, and arrived with 12% remaining.
Next 130 miles, started at 86% arrived with 22%.
I always charge to 20% at home (220 line, not wall charger),
Car has 26K miles.
Suggestions?
Thanks.

Currently on a trip and first day 2021 Y at 100%, rain, but little wind. Arrived at first charger 110 miles with less than 20% charge left.
Next charger 148 miles, recharged to 95%, based on computer, and arrived with 12% remaining.
Car has 26K miles.
Suggestions?
Thanks.

Suggestions about what? To get more range? Slow down, and dont drive in the rain (only one of which you likely can control). If the question is, Whats wrong with my car? The answer is "Absolutely, positively, unequivocally nothing".

Upvote 0
Car has 26K miles.
Suggestions?
Thanks.

What speeds are you traveling at ? The faster you go, the more you'll consume....weather also adds some reductions.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Upvote 0
I suggest you do a search (top right of page) for "range" and read - some variation of your question is asked daily and answered extensively, no value in restating it all here again. One observation; you state you "charge to 20% at home" - if correct there's no value in that. Even if you don't drive much everyday charging to at least 60% or so will give you more options for unplanned trips. Much discussion on this also if you read a bit in this forum. Research and experience are your friends, all good enjoy!!

Upvote 0
Car has 26K miles.
Suggestions?
Thanks.
Temps? Cold reduces range as well.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Upvote 0