Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big ICE...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged at Santa Rosa 2 times this month, and both times I went into the Holiday Inn Express and thanked the on duty person for hosting the chargers, I was told thanks both times..So at least some of the desk personnel are aware the chargers are getting used... Go figure. if the front desk is telling busses it's ok to block the chargers, there must be some communications problems.

Ms. Chalmers contacted me by phone a few hours ago. Very professional, friendly conversation. She told me that she had reached the driver, and that the driver said he was instructed to park in the Tesla charging area by the front desk. (The hotel is a Holiday Inn Express). He is aware of charging stations, and would not have parked there on his own.

Another misconception over these charging spots. People see them empty for lengths of time and assume it's "okay" to block them 'cause there's no one there anyway. I had to fight off a suggestion at my own workplace to allow our EV spots to be used for regular parking when there are no EVs charging. Sheesh!

After two calls I did receive a call back from Hotard-unfortunately it went to my voicemail. But based on the good work from you all, I will let it go now. Seems like the point has been made.

Great work!!!

Tesla has a number for that:
From the Tesla Supercharger FAQ, http://www.teslamotors.com/support/supercharging
"If a non-Tesla vehicle is blocking a ‘dedicated’ Supercharger stall, please notify Tesla at (877) 798-3752"

I'm putting the number in my contact list just incase.
Unsure how they respond but at least the call is going to someone that cares.

Suggestion: Add a phrase like "How would you feel if you found my vehicle parked in front of the gas pump you need to use, and it is the only gas pump for hundreds of miles around?".

I really believe that people have no concept of what ICEing does, and explaining it in electric car terms doesn't click with them...

Sounds like the offending company handled it well. No need to slaughter or socially poison them. We're in the learning curve of ICEd awareness.

But when this happens, ALWAYS cc Tesla. They follow up and review their agreements with whoever they're renting the space from.

Carry a few "notifications" in your glovebox, pre-printed with text something like this:

PARKING NOTICE.

We have recently made changes to parking stall allocations in this parking lot. New signage and markings indicate stalls now RESERVED for Electric Vehicle parking. By occupying this stall you have blocked access to power receptacles dedicated for charging electric vehicles. Your license plate and photo of this parking violation have been recorded as evidence if further actions are required. To avoid penalty choose a different stall in the lot next time, thank you.

Parking Operations