Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bike rack for model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are currently looking for a bike rack for our model X tesla tried to buy from Tesla on several occasions but always out of stock so looking at alternatives. We are wanting a tow ball Mt bike rack for two bikes. We are located in Melbourne Victoria Australia if anyone has any feedback please help?

Attachments

• ABB5AEC6-4A90-46E4-B007-D7202DB0ADD6.jpeg
    ABB5AEC6-4A90-46E4-B007-D7202DB0ADD6.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 175
By "tow ball" do you have a hitch in mind that will use the spot where a ball is mounted? If that's your goal then you could go to a shop that welds trailer hitches and ask them to make a bike rack that you could sell when you find an ideal one.

I went with the OEM Tesla hanging bike rack (Yakima FullTilt 4), and while we've only used it to host the ski rack on top, one terrific thing that I did not expect is that the refresh MX does not require that it be tilted down in order for the hatch to open. (It is possible for it to collide if the rack is unweighted and tilted backwards, but with any weight, or a slight nudge, it stays out of the way.)

There's only a few mm of space in between, but it makes accessing the hatch super convenient.

I realize tray racks provide the same benefit, depending on the bikes, but the default hanging rack seems to be pretty ski friendly if your family is into such things. For bikes alone, if not too many, tray racks do seem superior.