Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bike rack solutions for MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can fit two mountain bikes on the boot, I reckon you can just about fit three bikes but with the seats folded down you won't be able to carry that extra passenger. So without a tow your only option is to get roof bars and get bike racks.

Anyone know who the OEM for the tesla rack or, or any after market racks which work just as well?

Tesla brand rack seems pricey for what it is (but on the other hand would rather pay the extra if it is the only one which actually works!)

Anyone know who the OEM for the tesla rack or, or any after market racks which work just as well?

Tesla brand rack seems pricey for what it is (but on the other hand would rather pay the extra if it is the only one which actually works!)
Received wisdom is that they are made by Yakima, however their own-branded bars are not the same design.

The tesla roof rack is actually curved, it means that the bikes look weird as they are splayed outwards. There is an official bike rack that connects to the hitch point - I do not believe it uses the ball fitting and fits directly into the factory provided chassis point on all cars. I remember seeing it in the UK shop at one point, but here it is in the US shop: https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-x_y-hitch-rack
Pretty sure that one is US only, European tow hitch is a different design.

UK Shop one is https://shop.tesla.com/en_gb/product/bicycle-carrier which is an Atera rack which will fit on the ball.

Any reommendations for roof rack and bike carrier solutions for MY?

I like the idea of Seasucker but am worried about glass cracking
Yakima have one (actually two depending on the style you want) listed for MY - however you can’t buy it yet. I spoke to roofbox.co.uk as the UK distributor this week and they told me it’s not yet available for purchase, however they did give a cost of £190 for the bars and £30 for the fitting kit. No dates available as to when it will be on sale, but they said that it will be listEd when it’s available.

Here’s the link; Yakima - Roof Racks and Accessories To Suit Most Models