TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bill Would Make Half of All Cars Electric By 2030

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by TEG, Jul 24, 2010.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

2. CarbonOne

CarbonOne Banned

:biggrin:

Very good! I mean I love the sound of a 10 cylinder viper or a 12 cylinder Lamborghini but how long can that last unless electric cars become the main consumer vehicle? Leaving the gas guzzlers for the weekends!

Although I would pick a Tesla over a Viper.... :wink:

3. Brian H

Brian H Banned

#3 Brian H, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
    If the plans of FocusFusion.org pan out (and they're ahead of sched right now), 'scientific break-even' will occur this year, by 2020 much of the grid load will be distributed naturally onto its little 5MW generators, and costs will have plunged by a minimum of 10X. Maybe 20X.

That will truly be a whole new ball game for BEVs.* And everything else.

* A full charge for a current-model Roadster would drop from about $3 to about a quarter. That's the coin, pocket change. 25¢. 0.1¢/mi.

4. trevorlsciact

trevorlsciact Member

Wow I am so stupid I kept asking myself what "Bill" this might refer to. Thinking it was a person--Bill Clinton, Bill Gates... Until I actually looked at the article.

5. Brian H

Brian H Banned

Ah, science and engineering by legislative fiat is SUCH fun! :tongue: