Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Binnacle Navigation next to useless!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed that the binnacle navigation has become unusable due to excessive text showing the road names? This is exacerbated in Ireland due to a bilingual maps with no option to choose one language over another.

Trying to find your way out of this mess is impossible…. except aurally.

Attachments

• FE0D113A-3ED3-47DD-A34F-7A077D6A5DC1.jpeg
    FE0D113A-3ED3-47DD-A34F-7A077D6A5DC1.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Informative
Reactions: henderrj
What in the heck is “the binnacle”? Are you referring to the tiny little supplementary map in the instrument cluster? In those situations, look at the gigantic map on the main screen.
Binnacle… google it! It’s the housing for a ships compass or the instrument cluster on a car (or motorbike). Yeah, I’d look at the giant map but as it constantly zooms out it’s less than useful. In Europe we have lots of smaller streets and roads/junctions within metres of each other (a metre is a unit of measurement!)… the ‘supplementary map’ as you call it is covered in text and the main map is showing me a map from a couple of miles up! Both then are rather useless. My point was… a bilingual binnacle map text is totally useless, especially if you don’t understand one of those languages!

Upvote 0
Binnacle… google it! It’s the housing for a ships compass or the instrument cluster on a car (or motorbike). Yeah, I’d look at the giant map but as it constantly zooms out it’s less than useful. In Europe we have lots of smaller streets and roads/junctions within metres of each other (a metre is a unit of measurement!)… the ‘supplementary map’ as you call it is covered in text and the main map is showing me a map from a couple of miles up! Both then are rather useless. My point was… a bilingual binnacle map text is totally useless, especially if you don’t understand one of those languages!
I don't need to google binnacle. I've driven in Boston, NYC, etc... in a Tesla and also driven BMW's in London, Wales, Greece, Italy, Spain, etc... so I'm familiar with what you're talking about. I don't have this issue. I can control the level of zoom on my "main screen" and I've never had multiple languages stacked on top of each other. I don't know what that's all about, but sorry you're having issues. GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0
I don't need to google binnacle. I've driven in Boston, NYC, etc... in a Tesla and also driven BMW's in London, Wales, Greece, Italy, Spain, etc... so I'm familiar with what you're talking about. I don't have this issue. I can control the level of zoom on my "main screen" and I've never had multiple languages stacked on top of each other. I don't know what that's all about, but sorry you're having issues. GOOD LUCK!
Cheers - happy driving.

Upvote 0