Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bioweapon Defense HEPA a la carte

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might have been for a while now, but just noticed filter and software "upgrade" available as an option for S/X for $500, I'm thinking it's pretty reasonable. Have a 75D HW2.5 without premium package and this I could actually use. Thoughts?

I noticed this also, but I do not have refreshed model S. After all the forest fire smoke around these parts for pretty much the entire month of August, I would consider paying the money to upgrade, but have not investigated the modifications necessary to incorporate the newer cabin filter airbox to the older model. I am aware that some have just got a hepa filter and installed that in the older model.

I got new tires this week and inquired about the newly available bioweapon mode upgrade. It is only available for refresh S and X (3 is too small). Cincinnati SC was not sure about the price yet, but said if Elon tweeted $500 then that's probably what the charge would be. They also said that a replacement air filter is about $250, so keep that in mind for future service interval replacements.

@dark cloud , one advantage to having the Tesla SC perform the upgrade is that you get the software updated to include the official bioweapon mode / button.

• Informative
Reactions: Xd85
I got new tires this week and inquired about the newly available bioweapon mode upgrade. It is only available for refresh S and X (3 is too small). Cincinnati SC was not sure about the price yet, but said if Elon tweeted $500 then that's probably what the charge would be. They also said that a replacement air filter is about $250, so keep that in mind for future service interval replacements.

@dark cloud , one advantage to having the Tesla SC perform the upgrade is that you get the software updated to include the official bioweapon mode / button.
Out of curiosity how many miles on your tires? Got about 33k 90% AP highway miles

@Xd85 I just crossed 40k miles on the car. Only 2 of the wheels were original (rears). The front two were an off brand that I had to put on at about 20k due to a catastrophic bolt / flat tire in Indiana. Tesla does not have any road side assistance or tire change program in Indiana and I was essentially in the middle of nowhere. So I had to take what the shop had and drove until now with the new ones on the front and originals on the rear. I'm happy to have all 4 matching new tires now (the off brand ones slipped all the time on a hard accel). So the short answer is 40k miles, but I suspect if I had kept the original 4 the whole time with rotations I probably would have had to replace them at about 35k miles (since front tires wear more).