Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bird Strike--Smashed Window (Video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's hard to tell for sure but it appears to be an Osprey or some other raptor aka bird of prey. If it is an Osprey this is the time of year it would be migrating South through Indianapolis (and much of the midwest) so not knowing it's surroundings and being a big fatigued from travel could explain the oversight. That or you just do too good of a job keeping your garage windows clean. Poor thing scared the poop out of itself. Hopefully it's okay.

BTW, the sarcasm of the chosen background music wasn't lost on me. 10/10 lol

It's hard to tell for sure but it appears to be an Osprey or some other raptor aka bird of prey. If it is an Osprey this is the time of year it would be migrating South through Indianapolis (and much of the midwest) so not knowing it's surroundings and being a big fatigued from travel could explain the oversight. That or you just do too good of a job keeping your garage windows clean. Poor thing scared the poop out of itself. Hopefully it's okay.

BTW, the sarcasm of the chosen background music wasn't lost on me. 10/10 lol

Absolutely correct! I've heard a lot of opinions today--but looking at images online--your suggestion of osprey seems to be the best match by far! Thanks !

From the thread title, I was afraid the bird had smashed into your car's windshield! I've had bird strikes on my back windows facing the garden and sometimes they just daze themselves, as in your case, and other times they're kaput.

b75b6ec27197b1901e89d8d555d613e6.jpg