Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bizarre Warning While Driving w/EAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving on US 101 w/EAP engaged. Nearest cars were hundreds of feet in front and behind me. Some shadows on the road as this was about 5pm. I was in the right lane and used the turn signal to indicate EAP should change to left lane. Car began to do so. Suddenly alarm bells go off, car lurches back into right lane and screen says only that I need to take over.

Is this a known issue or should I report to Tesla (and if report, how best to do so)? I've no idea why this happened other than possibly the shadows on the road. Is there an incident history that I can access and review to learn what happened?

Wife already hates EAP as low sun once dazzled a camera and more alarms went off and strangely CC becomes entirely disabled rather than becoming traditional CC.

I often get that error when crossing double lane dividers entering or leaving an HOV lane. Doubtful that anything is wrong with your car, it must have “seen” something that made it think it couldn’t complete the lane change. If it starts happening a lot, then it might be worth a service visit.