Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found this video subtitled : "Accent intonation training lesson to develop tone of voice and emotional range for Asians and people who speak with a monotone voice" :
What do you think, Bjorn ?
As for your microphones, the Canon DM-100 is an amateur mike. There are tons of videos on youtube that show the incredible sound quality difference between an amateur and a professional microphone. Is your lapel mic a consumer model as well ? If it is this one then no wonder it does not sound very good :
Amazon.com: Giant Squid Audio Lab Omnidirectional Microphone: Industrial Scientific
Blind test with the Giant Squid compared with other Lavalier mics : Which Lav Mic Sounds Best? Blind Comparison of 6 Sub $200 Lavalier Microphones - YouTube
Results : Lavalier Microphone Comparison Results - YouTube
I agree with the first two choices in the same order, and consider the Giant Squid very inferior.
Listen also to the comparison between the H4n and the Roland R-26 :
Handheld Recorder Review (Full): Zoom H6, H5, H4n, Tascam DR-40, Roland R-26 - YouTube
Anyway, acoustics are not great in a car, so it is not an easy task to get great sound in your Tesla, although the lack of a noisy engine should help. My guess is that mic tests in a silent studio tend to attenuate the quality difference you will get in a running car. Logically, a much higher quality mike should be used in such an awful environment.
Also, 4k videos on youtube look much better than regular HD ones, even viewed at 720p. I hope you can afford a 4k camera.
If I were rich, I would gladly offer you $10,000 worth of equipment, but right now I can only offer you some criticisms. I wish some rich guy who cares about global warming steps in because you are important for the planet, kinda like a general working for Admiral Musk, in charge of winning over the minds of the enemies.

Last edited by a moderator:
PewDiePie, not my cuppa tea, but he is doing pretty darn well on YouTube without a voice coach.

Bjorn has developed a unique brand and I for one can't wait to see what he does with more time during week to work on videos.

I also wish the US had a Nimber service. Lest we forget, Bjorn has done a huge service not only to Tesla but to Nimber as well.

Totally agree about the brand. I got hooked based on the current way the videos are done - both him and Kman are more "real" than a lot of the other Model S videos out there, which is why I watch them and not the more professional guys. I do internet media (not about cars) and I'm actually considering doing a Bjorn-style trip video in the future, but then again I also know how much effort would go into doing it.

As for the Nimber service in the US, there is an app called Roadie that's based out of Atlanta, but it doesn't have anywhere near the following that Nimber does in Bjorn's area. Checking right now in Georgia, there are 4 jobs and they're either something small that needs to go 2 miles away, or huge ones that wouldn't fit in a Model S that need to go across country. Nimber actually does have service in the US, but most of the jobs are to get things to or from Europe.

Why can't people let Bjorn be Bjorn?

I got into Tesla's because of Bjorn and I've watched every single one of his videos. I enjoy them tremendously and changing who Bjorn is will change the entire feel of his videos (IMO, for the worse!!!).

Please leave Bjorn alone. :)

I just saw the video of you quitting your job.

A few ideas for videos would be, because you live in Norway with such good renewables it would be good to see you check out the hydrodams etc. to see where the electricity for your Tesla comes from. In the same way that Robert Llewellyn does on Fully Charged. You could also test out other EVs to compare them to the Tesla and to see how they cope in winter weather.

Anyway good luck!

You could also test out other EVs to compare them to the Tesla and to see how they cope in winter weather.

But no other EV's does compare favourably to a Tesla. I do not want to see him trying to do a nimber-task from Bodø to Tromsø in a Zoe midwinters :p

But visiting some hydro-dams could be interesting. But if he does, he should remember to visit the one at Hammeren in Maridalen (one of Norway’s first hydro-electric power stations) before he moves out of Oslo... :)

I just saw the video of you quitting your job.

A few ideas for videos would be, because you live in Norway with such good renewables it would be good to see you check out the hydrodams etc. to see where the electricity for your Tesla comes from. In the same way that Robert Llewellyn does on Fully Charged. You could also test out other EVs to compare them to the Tesla and to see how they cope in winter weather.

Anyway good luck!
Sounds like a good idea. When it comes to reviews, I have planned to borrow a Leaf, i3, Zoe, e-Golf, Focus, iMiev (or similar), Soul and maybe the new Nissan van to review them. I will in this context compared them to each other and not compare them to a Model S because that's in a completely different league.